Strange Happenings

The universe and its characters belong to J.K.Rowling. I made up Plot and some characters.

Sorry it's taken me so long to upload, but I have been crazy busy! I hope you will all like this chapter. It has taken me quite a long time to figure out how to get it out right. It was really difficult to write. But I hope you enjoy it!

Check out my other HP fan-fic: Last Chance A Draco/Hermione Love Story

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3 - Strange Happenings

          “No, no, and no! You are not allowed to back out of this date!” Sirius insisted after Karolyn had tried to cancel their date. They were standing right outside the Great Hall. They had both eaten breakfast, and when Sirius had left the Great Hall Karolyn followed him.

         “I’m sorry Sirius.” Karolyn bit her lower lip and looked up at Sirius through her thick eyelashes. He sucked in a breath of air and regarded her closely. He had such a hard time not agreeing with her.

         “Why are you cancelling Karolyn? Is this because of my brother?” he asked, Karolyn didn’t answer. She just looked at the floor, “Or is it yours?” her head shot up and her purple eyes caught Sirius’ grey ones.

         “No.” she whispered and shook her head. Sirius let out a sarcastic chuckle and began to walk away. Karolyn followed and got a hold on his wrist. “Trust me, Sirius. I would love to go out with you. But tonight just isn’t good for me. Can we postpone it?” she begged.

         “I don’t know. You keep rejecting me. If you don’t want to go on a date with me, you should just tell me. Don’t keep coming up with excuses.” Sirius drawled. Karolyn opened her mouth, and it looked like she was trying to form the words, but she just couldn’t’ get them out. She kept letting out air in large gushes and sounds; she didn’t know what to say. “Do you even have an excuse for cancelling on me tonight?”

         “Yes, I do.”

         “What is it?”

         “I…” Karolyn bit down her lip again. She couldn’t tell him. He’d think she was insane. And what would she tell him anyways? I have this feeling something bad will happen today, and I think it will be my fault. No way. He’d want an explanation. She couldn’t tell anyone about her previous actions.

         “No, you don’t. I knew it.” Sirius pulled himself out of Karolyns’ grip and left her standing alone. Every fibre in his body yelled at him to turn around, hug her closely and never let her go, but he ignored his feelings and went to class.

All day long, Karolyn watched Sirius from a distance. She wanted nothing more than to apologize to the boy. But every time she got near him, he’d walk away, or pretend to be busy, or he’d just ignore her. After her last class, she quickly got rid of her brother and Regulus. She found Lily out by the lake, and they sat down together.

         “What did you do to Sirius? He’s really been on edge all day.” Lily asked.

         “I cancelled our date.”

         “You actually agreed to go on a date with him?”

         “Yeah,” Karolyn sighed happily, “and I actually really did want to go out with him.”