Abandoned

THE HARRY POTTER UNIVERSE BELONGS TO J.K.ROWLING

I'm so sorry it had taken me so long to update, but i'm in a massive writer's block at the moment, and I've been traveling, so I haven't had that much time to write. But here's the fourth chapter :)

I hope you'll all like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 4 - Abandoned

James sat for an hour in the dungeons with the crying Karolyn. He hadn’t asked her about the incident, she hadn’t told him. None of them spoke. Karolyn just sat next to him with her head leaned against his shoulder and a shaking body. James had his arm around her waist and his cheek rested on her head.

         “Are you ready to talk about it?” he finally asked, very quiet and very carefully. He was afraid she might begin to cry again.

         “I…” she gulped and looked up at him, “I can’t talk to anyone about it. No one was supposed to see me like this.” She whispered. “I’m so sorry, James.” James smiled slightly and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

         “It’s fine. I’m fine, you didn’t hurt me too bad.” He said and shifted a little to sit more comfortably. The stone floor was freezing and not really that comfortable.

         “But I hurt you. James, can you ever forgive me?”

         “Yes, of course I can. It wasn’t your fault, it was like something was possessing you.” Karolyn avoided his eyes and stared at the floor instead. “I have never experienced anything like it before. Has it happened to you before?”

         “I can’t tell you. I’m sorry, but I really can’t say. You would hate me if you knew.”

         “Karolyn, I don’t think it’s possible to hate you.”

         “Trust me. It is. I was expelled from Beauxbatons, and none of my old friends has spoken to me since…” Karolyn trailed off and shot a terrified glance at James. She had said too much.

         “Since what?” he questioned.

         “Damn it, don’t you get it James? I can’t tell you! It’s my secret, no one will understand. Just leave me alone!” she shouted and stood up.

         “Is that really what you want?”

         “Yes.” Karolyn choked out and looked defiantly at James. He sighed and got up himself.

         “Fine then. Good night, Karolyn.” He smirked and began walking away.

         “James!” he turned around, “Please don’t tell anyone about this.”

         “I won’t.” he said before turning around again. All the way back to the Head Prefects room James couldn’t stop thinking about that haunted look on Karolyns face. He was certain she had been possessed by something. If that was even possible? He’d have to ask Lily about it, she’d know for sure. She was so clever. When he entered their common room, Lily shot him a suspicious glance. She was sitting by the fireplace with a book, the flames brought out the red colour of her hair and they warmed up the colour of her skin as well. She was so beautiful, if only she would stop hating him so much, everything would be so much easier. He went to the couch she was half-laying in, and dumped onto it. Lily looked up from her book and rolled her eyes at him.