Obtaining a teacher #18

Jetta

I sit in my usual seat in the Slytherin commons and pull out my book of pranks. I need to blow off some steam and the best and least destructive way for me to do that is with pranks.

In the middle of planing a prank that involves the Weasley wizard wheezes self replicating fireworks Severus walks in and interrupt my train of thought. "What are you doing here?" He asks curling his lip.

"This is my house common room" I reply "I have every right to be here."

"I think your confused mudblood your common room is on a tower not the dungeons."

"That's where your wrong Severus, I've always belonged here it just took proof that I wasn't a muggleborn for the old man to allow me into my proper home." I explain shortly still a little peeved from my spat with Narcissa.

"Fine but your in my seat, you need to move," he demands.

"Nope this is my seat you've lost it now" I snort, "although if I do move could you help me with something?"

"Fine, only because I want my seat, what is it you need my help with?"he concedes.

"Um I was hoping you could work with me on occulemency and legilamency?"I ask unsure if he will accept.

"I suppose I can help you if you tell me why you want to learn" he drawls.

"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you," I gush pleased, almost hugging him as I jumped out of the seat but managing to restrain myself . I was thinking that it would be a lot more work to convince him to help. I inform him that he will learn why I need to learn once we begin lessons because there are too many ears around right now.

------

Time skip

Severus set the first lesson the next day. We met up in an empty classroom after classes and he sets about telling me the rules.

"First and foremost you must never enter my mind without permission, secondly you must practice keeping up your walls at all times understood?" Not giving me chance to answer he continues, "good now to start it will be draining and your walls will be weak, today we are going to start with setting up a wall and taking it down, to do that you must first push all you frivolous thoughts the less important ones to the front of your mind and not think about anything you don't want the intruder to know. Take each thought and memory and weave it into your wall strengthening it, stronger emotions will both strengthen your wall and draw the intruder in you must be careful with these because they could find a way to exploit that should it hold too much emotions......."

----

Time skip

After the lesson my mind is fully exhausted yet somehow  at dinner when I feel Severus poke at my mind I find that I've managed to hold a very very weak wall in place, it's better than nothing at the very least. Soon I think I'll let him into my brain to see some of what I need to protect.

Over the course of the next few weeks my occulemency improves greatly, even quicker than either of us could have imagined. I have almost reached a point where I think that if I just keep practicing every now and then that I should be able to hold out old snake eyes as long as he doesn't tear in too deep.

-----

Sirius

I feel hurt that Jetta would leave me for the slimy Slytherins. I thought that she actually cared about us, I guess I was wrong. I miss her presence so much,

I wish I had properly confessed how I feel to her maybe she would have changed her mind and stayed here. 

Lily has been telling us that she is the same person but the boys and my self won't accept it. She betrayed us for our enemies all because she learned of her real parentage.

Over the next few weeks we (the boys) completely ignore her when she try's talking to us. We start to see her less and less an when we do she's always with snivellus whispering about stuff.

I will begrudgingly admit that she does look more in her element than ever before.

The boys see how down I am after she left and decide it's time to pull a magnificent prank to lift my spirits. It will be epic if we can make it work.