Hogsmeade #23

After the confession the rest of the day was brilliant, we watched everyone participating in fun and creative pranks. We saw houses getting together to prank others such as a Hufflepuff and a Slytherin levitating other students books taking turns so that the victims can't figure out who did it. 

Sadly when the day was done George had to leave. "Please tell everyone I love and miss them. I hope they understand why I can't come home...."

"Don't worry Jetta you just do what you have to do." He says before pressing something into my hand "please if you ever want to come home use it. I'm sorry I have to go but I'm glad you are happy hopefully I'll see you again soon."

With that he disappears into a flash of blue light. I turn away before putting the modified time turner he gave me around my neck tucking it underneath my shirt against my chest and his chicken scratch instructions in my pocket.

-------

Over the next few weeks I start studying more for a personal project of mine that no one can know about. I have to save them, I can't let them die. I also start spending more time with Sirius talking and being together with a few snogs in little alcoves throughout the castle. I finally manage a decent amount of free time to actually spend with my friends on a Saturday afternoon in November.

"Hey lets do something!" Screeches James as we finish up lunch.

"Like what?" Asks Alice pushing her plate away.

"Honeydukes?" I suggest, "I need me some chocolate and I know that Remus does too."

"You know me well my dear Stripes," Remus leans back crossing his arms, "one can never have enough chocolate!"

"Honey dukes it is then!" Decides Lily and we all get ready to head off to hogsmeade agreeing to meet at the entry hall in 22 minutes ( I have a strong dislike multiples of five so I always choose a weird number when I have too.)

I rush down to the dungeons to grab my coat and purse from my bedpost. I notice Narcissa reading by the window facing the mermaids city. "Hey Cissa would you like to come to hogsmeade with me and my other friends?" I ask her seeing as we have become closer after our misunderstanding on my first day.

"The Gryffindorks, no thanks I'd rather just read. But, seeing as you are out anyways could you bring me back a bottle of purple ink if you can? I'm running low on mine." She asks before turning back to her book.

"No problem," I reply not even phased by her lack of manners, "see you later". As I walk through the common room Severus and Regulus pull me to a corner.

"Meet us behind the hogshead at 3 don't be late" says says Regulus leaving no room for negotiation before walking away.

"Please Jenetta remember to keep your walls up all day today make sure they are strong." Begs Sev before following Regulus to his room leaving me thoroughly confused.

"Okay then" I think to myself "I guess I'll just have to meet them later to figure out what they mean."

-----

Once we reach hogsmeade the group splits up, the the boys go to zonkos, minus Remus who comes to Honeydukes with me and the girls go to some clothes shop. We agree to meet in the three broomsticks once we are done.

"Hey Remmy, look they have chocolate covered berries shaped like Christmas baubles." I comment while we walk through grabbing a bit of everything that looks good.

"Seven galleons three sickles please" asks the lady at the counter. I hand over the money while thinking about how worth it it was to spend so much money on sweets.

When we walk out to the street I cast a quick tempus and see that it's almost 2:30 already, I'll have to leave Remus soon to meet up with the two Slytherins. "Hey Remus why don't you go ahead to the three broomsticks and get us a seat I'm just gonna grab something for narcissa then I'll meet you there okay?" I say walking away from him glad that he didn't put up a fight about staying with me.

I quickly grab the ink she asked for and make my way over to the Hogshead inn

"Hurry up Aubrey or we will be late" snaps Regulus grabbing my arm and Severus, who apperates us without warning me.

When we land I dry heave for a moment while the effects of the unexpected apparation wears off. "What the fudge was that for Severus, a little warning would have been nice." I complain before noticing my surroundings.

We are in a dark sitting room with the windows drawn for a creepy effect, the chairs are dark cherrywood covered with black cushioning

"Hello miss Aubrey, I've heard much about you and I think that you would make a wonderful addition to my ranks." Says a handsome middle aged man (he hasn't died yet so he's still human looking mostly ).

"I'm sorry but what are you talking about and who are you these dunderheads were quite vague about what I'm doing here." I ask with the slightly snobbish tone I've picked up from being around this many Slytherins.

"I am lord Voldemort you foolish child and you will become a deatheater and join my ranks." He imposes while trying to stand taller than his five foot ten stature.

Oh shizzleMcnizzle this is he who shall not be named? The future nose less and snake faced one? Well I can feel his power, I feel a shiver run down my spine as I contemplate my answer how to I go about this without getting killed, there is no way I'm joining the dark side, nuh uh, never.

"Well sir I'm going to have to politely decline that offer, I do not support Dumbledore he's a fool and stupid honestly, but I also cannot bring myself to hurt muggles, muggleborns or anyone who opposes you therefore I will stay decidedly neutral." I declare with a slight nod, proud that my voice didn't tremble much.