2 - Chemistry?

Word Count: 1511
Edited

Word Count: 1511Edited

******

It had been 3 weeks since the audition and I'd just gone back to mulling around my life since I figured the duffer brothers decided not to cast me because I hadn't had a call of any sort. 

It was lunch time at school and I sat in the cafeteria by myself as usual and watched the stupid jocks throwing food at the computer nerds and the popular prissy girls applying lipstick every time a boy did so much as glance at them, you know the classic high school lunchtime routine.

 I just sat on the table where i sat everyday listening to Have you ever by brandy on my phone through my headphones watching the world go by. "Hey Drama geek" A girl named Pearl smirked as she sat down opposite me as her pathetic, wannabe, so called friends sniggered behind her looking me up and down.

 "Whatcha listening to?" she inquired as a smirk creeped onto her lips. I just stared at her blankly wishing so hard that she would just disappear and her friends would go crawling back to whatever hell hole they came from.

 Pearl reached forward and snatched my phone, but before i could protest she ripped the headphones from the plug and my music bleared through out the cafeteria. Pearl stood on my table and held my phone up for the whole school to hear as she snickered along with her minions of friends. 

I felt my whole face grow hot and sheer panic spread through my body instantly. 

"Wow" pearl called out "Y/N's music is almost as sad as her life... Almost" just as she finished her statement I heard my ringtone trill through out the cafeteria, oh god why now! why now! I thought to myself wishing i could disappear now but then pearl said something to her friends that stopped my heart. 

"oooo this one doesn't have a caller ID shall we answer it?" I stood up so abruptly my chair crashed into the wall behind me and fell to the floor, I leapt onto the table and grabbed my phone out of Pearls clutches and sprinted towards the bathroom, hearing the geers and mocking laughter of the school behind me. 

My outstretched hand busted open a bathroom stall door as i calmed myself before answering the call. "Hello Y/N speaking" my voice sounded more shaken that I intended to let on "Hello Y/N" a masculine voice chimed on the other end 

"We have decided that we will not be casting you as Darcy Longhill" My heart dropped and the disappointment hit me hard in the stomach "But!" he finished "We thought your audition was amazing and wanted to cast you for more of a main role as Sarah Richardson". 

My heart stopped and my breath caught in my throat before I squeal in excitement, "omg omg thank you so much" I heard the man chuckle on the other end "So i will need you to come in tomorrow for a chemistry audition with some other cast members" he explained.