11 - Merry Christmas

Word Count: 1922
Edited

Word Count: 1922Edited

******

It was Christmas morning and i woke up to cookie licking my face I giggled pushing her away, I jumped out of bed grabbing my phone and running down stairs calling out to my mother "ITS CHRISTMASSSS!" I skidded across the wooden floor in my socks and my gaze fell upon a note on the table I rushed over to it, 

'hey honey and Merry Christmas! i've just popped out to the store to get a few things for lunch be back soon - don't start opening presents without me!' I sighed as i plopped onto the sofa and crossed my legs as i switched on the TV.

 I flicked through the channels there were heaps of Christmas movies on until I switched to some hollywood news channel and I was about to keep searching for a better program until I heard the reporter in the screen say "So here I am at Y/N Y/L/N old high school with one of her friends Pearl Conning" 

My heart stopped in my chest, did she say one of my FRIENDS!? Pearl is the furthest thing from a friend I ever knew, and why was i on the news? "So Pearl" the reporter said turning to her "Do you feel proud of Y/N and her new found fame from being on the upcoming season of stranger things - one of the most successful series on Netflix may I add" The reporter put the microphone by Pearls mouth as she smiled sweetly 

"Well I'm very close to Y/N and we text everyday and she tells me how excited she is and I'm so happy for her! I'm even a little jealous to be honest but who wouldn't be when someone get a fabulous role like that!" Pearl smiled fakely into the camera 

"I completely agree Pearl!" The reporter said again drawing the mic back to her own mouth "well that has been Susan yarrow at whitewater high school but now back to Bill in a studio" The screen changed scene to a news studio and i switched off the TV how dare she, i felt anger boiling up inside of me. Pearl bullied me so much and now she's claiming to be my best friend on TV as soon as my life changes for the better. 

I heard the door open and I jumped up and ran towards my mother coming inside she put down the millions of bags she was holding and I ran into her arms. "Merry Christmas mumma bear" I said snuggling into her shoulder "Right back at ya honey" she said holding me arm arms length and smiling warmly.

We had opened presents and eaten pancakes that my mom made and we were both sitting by the fire when i got a text. I looked at my phone and saw it was from Millie

Mills: Hey Y/N look outside it's snowing!

I ran over to the window and saw the perfect snowflakes falling silently to the ground and then my eyes travelled further across my front lawn which was now white with snow, I saw Millie and Noah standing by the letter box and I squealed in excitement causing my mom to look up. "Mom can I pretty please go out with Millie and Noah" I begged. She laughed "Of course honey be home in 4 hours tops" I squealed again and held up my finger to Millie to tell her i would be one minute before running into my room and getting dressed.