9 - Blood

Word Count: 873

Edited

******

******

We had just finished filming for the day and I sat on a step outside the set of hawkins lab and waiting for my mother to pick me up. I checked my phone for the billionth time since i had been sitting there, I stared at the neon numbers that read 8:47pm, sighing as i glanced up at a light that had moths swarming all around it craving the soft yellow glow it gave out.

 I shivered as a chilled breeze tickled my neck, "BOO!" I whipped around at the sudden jolt on my shoulders, my heart beating at a million times a second "NOAH!" I screamed in anger as i clutched my chest breathing heavily, his laughs rang throughout the eerie night "now you know how it feels Y/N/N except this time it wasn't caught on camera" he sniggered bouncing up to me proudly and sitting next to me on the step. 

I stared at him coldly before getting to my feet and walking to a different set of stairs to sit and wait on. I watched as confusion crossed his face as he trotted after me "C'mon Y/N/N I'm sorry if i scared you i was ju-" "Why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend?" I exclaimed cutting him off. 

Noah stared at me for a few seconds before glancing at his toes, we sat in silence for minutes on end before Noah finally said something as if he had been trying to figure out an excuse this whole time. "I like you Y/N! and i know i said that in the mall the other day and i know you said it back to me but i figured you were just saying it to be nice and not make the situation awkward!" He almost yelled all of his thoughts flying out at once.

 I stared at him in disbelief did he honestly think i was saying it to be nice ?! I felt my hands clenched into fists again, my nails finding their scars to calm me "that still doesn't explain why you kept the fact that you had a girlfriend a secret?!" I said flatly staring him in his perfect brown eyes pleading me to forgive him.

 "I was planning on breaking up with her soon, but i wanted to do it in person, I thought i liked her but i was wrong because then i met you Y/N and now i know what it feels like to actually like someone" Noah said softly, stepping toward me. My nails dug deeper and i felt my cheeks redden, my palms started bleeding as Noah stepped closer and closer cautiously until our faces were inches apart. 

His warm shallow breath brushed my ear and we both locked eyes, neither able to glance away. My heart beat hard and fast in my chest pounding against the walls desperate to get to Noah. My fists relaxed and i felt the warm blood trail down my fingers. 

As I looked closer into his eyes i noticed the small specks of green that were embedded in the hazel colour making Noahs eyes twinkle in the soft glow of the light above us creating a shadow to cast across his face, he had a freckle by his lip and another on his temple plus a few light ones scattered across his nose.

 Noah lent toward me and a wave of heat rushed over me, was I about to have my first kiss?! BEEEEP! a car horn bleared throughout the night, we both leapt at the noise, My eyes shot over to where the sound was and I saw my mothers car just beyond the gate and then back to Noah. We both stared at each other in shock before i spun around picking up my bag "I have to go" I mumbled rushing down the steps toward the gate. 

"Wait! Y/N" I didn't turn around I just wanted to escape that moment, I almost kissed Noah?! what was i thinking he just broke up with his girlfriend which by the way didn't even tell me about! thoughts ran through my mind as i heard Noah start to chase after me. "Y/N please wait" I heard him call out again. Noah ran up to me and grabbed my hand, he dropped it as soon as he felt the blood. I stopped. He didn't speak. I slowly looked over my shoulder to see Noah standing there staring from his hand to mine and back to his franticly not saying a word. 

The silence killed me. What was he thinking, my cheeks flushed a deep crimson and i balled my hands into fists not wanting him to see my drowned scars "Y/N..." he started but i didn't get to hear the rest since i was already running to the car. I threw open the door and slid across the seat shutting it as i went. Mum turned around to smile before driving away. My gaze fell upon Noah still standing in disbelief in the same spot i left him as we sped off into the night.