20 - Monsters

Word Count: 1160
Edited

Word Count: 1160Edited

******

We walked up the steps to Gaten's house, dripping wet from the pond. Finn threw open the door "holy shit what happened to you!" (wink wonk, I love references) He stared at us wide eyed as Gaten, Millie and Sadie emerged from behind him, me and Noah looked at each other before we burst out laughing "we were a the park before this and there was a pond there..." I explained still giggling along with Noah "you odd children" Gaten exclaimed walking back inside as Noah trotted up behind him grabbing my hand on the way and pulling me after him. 

We were now inside and I was sitting next to Sadie on a mattress in some of her pjs "so are you guys excited for your first kiss tomorrow?" Millie teased, there were a series of "oooooooo's" from Gaten, Sadie and Finn but I just rolled my eyes before looking toward Noah who glanced at his toes. 

"So where's Caleb?" I asked "he couldn't make because of his grandmas bir- hey don't change the subject" Gaten replied "besides it shouldn't be that awkward you guys are dating?" Sadie added poking me in the ribs. I squirmed away and Noah looked at me blushing hard causing my own cheeks to turn crimson "oh my gosh! you guys h-" I rushed forward clasping my hand over Millies mouth, she rose her eyebrows at me but when I took my hand away she just grinned at Noah causing his cheeks to go even pinker. That's when my phone lit up and I unlocked it to see a text:

Unknown: Hey Y/N it's Pearl I just wanted to apologise for teasing you at school it was really childish and you're actually really talented! I was wondering if you wanted to meet up for hot chocolate sometime? 

You: oh so now you wanna be nice

Pearl: I never wanted to bully you I had no choice it was either bully or be bullied and at the time it seemed like the best option

I shook my head and smiled, really pearl!? I looked up to see everyone looking at me questionably, "oh it's this girl at my old school that used to bully me" I explained "she wants to meet up, and i kinda want to as well...everyone deserves a second chance right?" they all looked at me shocked 

"No! Y/N/N not someone who bullied you" Sadie almost shouts "they only wanna be your friend now since you have fame" Finn added "no guys, I'm gonna go meet with her its my choice" I said getting to my feet and walking over to a bed "besides..." I started sitting on the mattress "it'll be better than being around my dad" I said rolling my eyes.

 Noah came over and sat next to me "you never told me why your dad was so bad, why don't you wanna stay with him?" I looked at his concerned expression pinned on his face "oh he's just ... really messy! yeah he isn't very good at cleaning the house, but i haven't seen him in 6 years so maybe that habit has changed" I explained look into his shimmering hazel eyes, I could tell he wasn't buying it but he didn't say anymore. 

"well I think we should sleep guys it's pretty late and we all have filming tomorrow" Gaten suggested and we all nodded in agreement as people scrambled to get under their duvets, I lay next to Noah my head on his shoulder and I looked the he text one last time before replying

You: Hey pearl, lets meet up after filming tomorrow, see you at Charlie's coffee at 4pm. 

Noah looked down into my eyes "once a bully always a bully you know" I simply looked up to him and replied "a monster or a bully in this term is only classified as a monster if it has shown to be mean, maybe if you get to know the monster it's only got built up emotions of anger or anxiety, of course some people are just evil, it's in their blood but if I got to know her maybe i would judge her differently - sometimes bullies only bully because of defence, no one is born evil." Noah just looked at me and smiled before planting a gentle kiss on my forehead and closing his eyes to sleep. 

******

I woke up to the sound of soft giggling "shhh guys you'll wake them" "aww they look so cute" "I'm definitely putting this one on my story" as my mind came to realisation I felt my head resting on Noah's chest which rose and fell as he breathed, his arm had wrapped around my waist and I felt the presence of the others crowded around us and the occasional camera shutter noise.

 I refused to open my eyes out of pure embarrassment but knowing that I would have to face them as soon as i got up which i couldn't stall for much longer since we're shooting today. I felt Noah turn over in his sleep causing my head to slip off his chest and onto the pillow, my skin tingled as Noah's warm breath tickled my nose so he was probably inches from my face now, oh how embarrassing I wish the others weren't huddled around us so I could turn over and escape this awkward situation but that's when I heard Sadie let out I huge squeal and a series of "shhhhh's" from the others "I'm sorry I couldn't help it, look how close their faces are!" now that caused Noah to wake up .

NOAH'S POV

 "shhhhh"  "I'm sorry I couldn't help it, look how close their faces are!" I opened my eyes to see Y/N face only inches from mine, I yawned before sitting up and removing my hand from her waist "how long have you guys been there..." Millie, Finn, Sadie and Gaten were all crowded around us with their phones out and grinning hugely 

"damn it Sadie you couldn't keep quiet for a little longer" Finn scolded, I rolled my eyes before glancing back down to Y/N who looked so peaceful "don't wake her please" I asked them "Sorry dude but we gotta go to set in like 20 minutes" Millie replied,

 I sighed before looking at Y/N one more time and gently shaking her shoulder to wake her. "N-noah?" she said in a croak voice as she sat up rubbing her eyes and yawning "w-what are you guys doing?" "ohh this... pfft nothingggg" Gaten giggled along with the others "come on we gotta get ready for for filming it starts in 20" I explained "WHAT 20 MINUTES!" she yelled jumping out of bed and running into the bathroom. 

yup. today was the kiss scene. oh boy.