Destiny Revealed

Pandora enters her home. Uni and Jove are already there in the living room.

"Mom? Dad?"

"In here sweetie." says from the living room.

Pandora goes into the living room.

"Mom, something's seriously wrong. You'll never guess who I saw at school today?"

"Sweetheart... You're home, good. We need to talk to you."

"Okay but first, that guy, the one who you said was no one? He showed up at school today, as a teacher."

"We know honey."

"You know?" Pandora says, confused.

"We thought he might show up again, although we didn't think it would be this soon."

"You knew him? Why didn't you say? After he came up to me like that?"

"We were trying to protect you."

"From what? What's wrong?" a concerned Pandora asks.

"Nothing."

"Well, nothing yet."

"Jo, don't make it sound worse than it is."

"Would you just tell me?"

"Sweetheart, we received a package yesterday."

"What kind of package? From who?"

"The ancient kind." Jove says.

Uni explains, "From him, the man who approached you. He delivered it. He's... a messenger of sorts. He wasn't there to hurt you. He approached you before you were ready. We didn't know what we know now. We didn't know what he was there to deliver."

"Which is?"

Uni waves her hand over the living room table and The Box appears like magic on it.

"Is that what I think it is?" asks Pandora with worry in her voice.

"Your namesake's greatest failure."

"You told me that our family went back that far but I never thought I'd ever see anything from it. What is it doing here?"

"We don't know. It was left for you."

"For me?"

Jove explains, "We told you about our family history and that it gave us certain abilities, magic being one of them. But what we didn't tell you about is the responsibilities that come along with it."

"What kind of responsibilities?"

"Our family isn't the only thing that survived all these years. Certain mystical objects have as well, and over the years we've been tasked with protecting those objects from anyone who might be trying to use them. Now it's your turn." says Pandora's mother.

"Me?" asks Pandora, concerned.

"As the youngest in our family, it falls to you to protect it." insists Jove.

"For generations, the women in our family have protected this Box from those that would release the spirits inside and unleash the pain and suffering they would bring." Uni explains.

"Shouldn't you be protecting it then?"

"I did. When I was your age it was my responsibility, but now it's your turn."

"How do you know?"

"Pick it up sweetie."

Pandora hesitantly picks up The Box and the jewels on it glow.