Opening The Box

Pandora and Jemma are sitting in the club watching the party. Jemma is dressed more conservatively then Pandora.

Jemma is playing with her bracelet as she speaks, "I can't believe your parents let you throw a party here."

Pandora looks up to the rafters where her parents are overlooking the party from above. Her mother sees Pandora looking and smiles, "My parents have always been big fans of parties. They used to have a lot of them."

"It must be in the genes then, because it looks like your first official party is a smash success." jokes Jemma.

"I figured it would be. It's like I said, I know a thing or two about how high school works. I had you pegged the moment I met you." teases Pandora.

"You did not."

Pandora smiles at her companion, "Really? I haven't seen you busting a move out on the dance floor tonight."

"Neither have you."

"I'm the host."

"So you're not allowed to have any fun?" asks Jemma with a teasing tone.

"Less than you, who should be tearing it up."

"I will later." insists Pandora.

"Right."

Pandora's bag on the table starts glowing a black light and Jemma notices, "Is that your phone?"

Pandora fumbles to cover it up, "No, don't worry about it."

Her parents notice what's going on.

"You have a tablet or something? That's pretty bright."

"Something like that."

Pandora loses her grip on her bag and The Box falls out and rolls on the floor. It ends up at the feet of Sarah and David.

Sarah picks it up and the glow changes color, "Damn, that's pretty cool."

Jove and Uni are already making their way down towards their daughter.

David gets curious, "How does it work?"

Pandora isn't sure what to do, looking up at her parents before focusing back on her friends, "It doesn't."

Sarah seems confused, "What do you mean it doesn't? It's obviously glowing."

Sarah hands it to David and again it changes color, "Now that's even cooler. How does it know who's holding it?"

"Is it some kind of mood box or something?" asks Jemma.

David tries to open The Box and Pandora rushes over, "No, don't."

Pandora rips The Box from David's hands and tries to keep it closed. The Box clicks and opens up fully, releasing different colored spirits into the club. The spirits start flying around the club.

"No, no, no, no, no..." Pandora says panicking as she closes The Box and the spirits stop leaving The Box.

The spirits fly into Pandora's classmates, but not Pandora herself or her parents. Pandora's classmates stop in place for a beat before shaking it off.

"Are you?" Pandora starts to ask as she rushes over to Jemma, "Are you all right?"

Jemma smiles at her, "Sure, why?"

Pandora checks on Sarah and David, "What about you guys?"

"Fine." says David after a moment.

"Peachy." Sarah says with a smile.