-Call Me Bre- 2

Chapter Two:

Songs I listened to while writing: 

Secret Love Song- Little Mix

All I ask- Adele

Fireproof- Vax

Oceans Away- A R I Z O N A 

**

It was the day Brennly had always dreaded. Her first day of school. A new school again. She hated this day the most. The stares she would get.  The judgment that radiated off of everyone as she walked the halls. The constant whispers that left their dry mouths.

"I heard she killed her father and then drugged her mother"

"I heard that she and her brother did it together, and her brother went to jail for her"

"She's such a disgusting human being,  what the fuck is she wearing? "

Brennly always tried her best to ignore them. The Whispers. But, they would still wedge her way into her mind, leading to tears ready to ruin her makeup, every time.

This time, however, she was ready.  All summer she spent her time working and saving up money for outfits, since Cara's paycheck went straight to the mortgage and grocery. Brennly didn't mind working at a little beauty boutique in town, but now she has to reschedule for only weekends because she wouldn't be able to work with all the homework she would be receiving.

Brennly sighed as she turned her back on her bed. Holding her light green duvet in her hands. Her brown hair sprawled across her face. The sunlight shining in through her white curtains, hitting every inch of her room. She slowly opened her eyes to her white walls covered with artwork she had drawn. She liked to draw to distract herself and calm her. It was her safe haven.

She sat up, her bare feet hitting the cold hardwood floor, making a creaking noise as she stood. She stretched her lanky arms above her head and walked towards her little bathroom connected to her room. She pulled the white door open and stepped into the small space.

She examined her face. Pulling on the skin to wake up even more. Her dark brown eyes were staring back at her, bags underneath them. She frowned at her drained face. She turned on the cold water and splashed it on her face.

1 new message

Mum

Do you need a ride?

Brennly responded with a simple 'no thanks. She sighed and turned on shower, getting ready for the wretched day.

*

She stood in front of the school. It was three stories tall with the words "Brick Wood High" written in bold white letters. Hundreds of teenagers were entering the school, sitting on the grass talking, or parking their bikes on the racks. They were chatting amongst one another and nobody had noticed her yet.

She took a deep breath and started walking towards the building. She pushed her way through the dark blue doors and her eyes laid the high schoolers scrambling through their lockers and running in different directions in the gray halls. She had finally noticed the bell had rung when the halls were completely empty. She sighed and hoped she could find the main office before the school day ended. 

*

Anxiety attacked Brennly like a bumblebee, stinging her chest as she walked into her first-period class which was chemistry. All eyes were on her as she walked through the glass door. twenty kids dressed in white lab coats and oversized goggles stared at her. Some were whispering to one another, and the others were just looking her up and down. The small room suddenly felt like it as closing in on her. Sweat traveled down her forehead, and she hoped it wouldn't ruin the makeup she spent twenty minutes on. 

She pushed her bright yellow bookbag further up her shoulder and walked over towards her teacher who had his back to her. He was writing on the board as if he didn't notice her presence but he soon spoke up. "You're late, Miss Kent" he stated still writing on the dark green board with white chalk cause a cringe-worthy noise to leave it. 

She wondered how he knew her name already when it was her first day here. As if he read her mind he soon said, "I got an email that I would be having a new student, already one month into the school year, you have a lot of catching up to do" He finally turned around to reveal his bright blue eyes and boyish face. He was not a day over 23, with his light stubble upon his sharp jawline. 

He smiled lightly at her, taking the late pass she held in her hand, "Have a seat, Miss. Kent" he stated and she nodded nervously. She turned around, trying to avoid eye contact with anyone. She looked around for a seat, but only found one was open, it was next to a red-haired brown-skinned girl. She gave Brennly a bright smile and waved her over. 

"Hi" she greeted Brennly and she returned it with a nod. "I'm Katherine, but you can call me Kitty," she said, still showing her million dollar smile. 

It was good, she didn't know who Brennly was, which meant she could possibly be her acquaintance. Brennly pointed to her schedule to show Kitty her name. 

"Brennly?" Kitty asked and Brennly nodded. "Any nicknames that I could call you?" Kitty asked and Brennly nodded before taking a piece of paper and writing in script  'Bre'.

"Bre, you don't speak much do you Bre?" Kitty asked and Bre just turned away and tried to pay attention to the lesson, and the redhead laughed, "It's fine Bre, it just makes you mysterious which makes a lot of guys want to solve your puzzle" Kitty laughed once more. 

The teacher turned around to make direct eye contact with Kitty, "Katherine Cole, is something about protons humorous to you?" he asked and crossed his arms. 

Kitty cleared her throat, "No, Mr. Price, just you know protons and electrons, opposites attract, it just proves that saying doesn't it Mr. Price" she smiled cheekily, the rest of the class chuckled lightly. 

Mr. Price just rolled his eyes and turned back to the dark green board and continued teaching. 

Brennly secretly wished she could be that confident. It was oozing out of Kitty and she wanted to be like her. She hoped maybe some it would rub off on her as time went on. She also hoped she could actually make a friend that wouldn't be out of pity.