-Call Me Bre- 9

"Bre, you've been here for no less than a month and you already have half of the female population ready to burn you on a tree" Kitty laughed as she walked towards Brennly. Brennly had had her face deep in a book in the back of the library, she was hoping for Calum to come visit her again, but she frowned when he didn't show.

She had wondered if she did something wrong the other day, should she have kissed him?

"Bre, Bre, Bre" Kitty kept snapping her fingers until her friend came back to life. With wide brown eyes, Brennly closes the book she was reading and stood up from the windowsill she had been previously sitting on.

Kitty laughed once again, "What's got you all in your head?"

Kitty took out a mirror and started to fix her bright red hair, flipping it and coming through it with her hands.

"I heard from a little birdie that Calum won't leave you alone?" Kitty asked as she snapped the mirror shut and turned to face Brennly who had sat back down, only her head was down and eyes were staring at her fumbling fingers.

"Bre, I warned you about him!" Kitty almost yelled, and then a beach blonde girl ran over and hushed her. Which resulted in Kitty flipping her off. Brennly giggled slightly at the scene before frowning once again as Kitty turned to her.

"He's not a good guy Bre, he's-" Kitty took a deep breath before walking over to sit next to Brennly.

"I have something to tell you, and if it changes your opinion on me then so be it" Kitty sighed and cracked her knuckles.

Brennly looked up at her curiously and saw how nervous Kitty was. She placed her hand on Kitty's and looked into her eyes, trying to tell her that it's okay.

Kitty nodded, thankful, and started her story.

"In freshman year, I had a best friend, his name was Wes. I and Wes had grown up together, been best friends since we were in diapers. Wes, he also had a little sister, Gemma. The three of us had become like family. Then in the sophomore year, when Gemma became a freshman is when she started to date Calum. Obviously, Wes didn't approve since Gemma was fourteen and Calum was sixteen and he was known for being a rebel. Wes tried to stop Gemma from dating Calum, so did I, because we knew how much of a player he was"

Kitty sighed and squeezed Brennly's hand tighter before continuing.

"Then, Gemma had gotten pregnant" Kitty paused as she waited for Brennly's reaction, but her head was down, avoiding eye contact.

"Calum broke up with her, saying she was a whore because they didn't even sleep together. That was a lie, Gemma had lost her virginity to him, she told me about it herself. Turns out the second time, she hadn't slept with Calum, she slept with Ashton, thinking it was Calum when she was drunk"

"Then, Gemma got rid of the baby, but that messed her up so bad that she broke down. She had to leave school and got to a mental hospital. Wes, he left, he and his family moved across the world, following Gemma to the institute in England"

"But, Calum he gave up on her when she needed him most. Abandoned her because of how his image would look. He even kept being friends with Ashton, even though he knocked up his girlfriend of a year"

Kitty raised Brennly's face. Wiping away the tears that had fallen, "He's not a good guy Bre, I don't want to see what happen to you" she whispered, feeling her own tears travel down her cheeks.

Brennly sobbed even harder and Kitty wrapped her arms around her as she cried. 

'Why? Why did he have to be bad too'

Brennly sobbed as that thought ran through her head. She had finally thought she had something good in her life. But, maybe she still did, that was in his past, Calum could have changed in two years, but that's what she did with her mother. She let herself believe that she could change, but in reality, people never do.

"I could have helped her" Kitty sobbed as she held Brennly tighter.