Chapter 22

My fate is brick road laid out in front of me. Every turn I make is something my destiny already planned me to do. Is anything I do something I want to do or only something that destiny wants me to. Do I actually have a choice in life?

Every turn that comes up and I take a left instead of a right... is it because my fate is to go left?

If it's my fate to drink this water the nurse gave me... then what if I don't drink it, or is that what they want me to do, what if it's my fate not to drink it... what if this is exactly what they want me to think so that I don't drink it and follow the path they laid out.

I involuntarily shivered.

"What're you thinking about?"

I came back to reality as I felt Kaoru's finger tracing the back of my hand. I blinked and looked at him, I shook my head.

"Me?" Kaoru smiled.

I smiled and nodded, squeezing his hand gently. A light blush appeared on his cheeks, causing my smile to widen.

Hikaru walked into the room and looked at our hands setting on the edge of the bed, he quickly looked away with a small glare. He tried to hide it, but I can always tell.

I cleared my throat, trying to get his attention and when I had it, I waved for him to sit next to me. He came over and grabbed my hand, holding it a little bit too tightly, but I guess that's fine.

I smiled, Kaoru was on my right and Hikaru on my left and it just felt like an entire puzzle was just finished being put together. Like Nothing was missing. And everything was perfect.

Then the door opened and it was like someone picked up my perfectly made puzzle and threw it at a wall. Kaoru And Hikaru both let go of my hand quickly as William walked in. I bit my lip, slowly moving my hands back to my lap. We've been doing this the past week, I don't know what we're doing, but it feels like something Will wouldn't like. Well I mean, Will doesn't like anything about the twins, hates the fact that they visit me so much and when they take naps with me. He especially hates the naps. And the flowers. He despises the flowers.

I love it though. I love everything about the twins. I- I mean like, love is a very strong word... I like that they visit so much. I like the naps. I love the flowers. Yes, love. I definitely love the flowers. I like their hugs... and holding their hands. I like when they whisper things in my ear when Will's in the room. I like that they worry. I also like.... the fact that they don't like Will...

Wow. I must be a horrible boyfriend.

"We'll see you later, James." The twins pat my shoulder before leaving.

I watched them leave.

"Well don't look so excited that I'm here." Will grumbled, throwing a little heart shaped box of chocolates on my lap.

I blinked a few times before smiling and wrote 'Sorry, I was lost in thought. Come lay with me. I wanna take a nap.'

He smiled. "I wish I could, I have to go to dinner with my manger to meet some important person I can't remember the name of. Sorry."

I pouted and nodded. 'Have fun'

He walked up to me and gently placed his lips on mine, "I'll make it up to you later, okay?"

I smiled and nodded.

He pecked my lips again, then left. I sighed, opening the box of chocolates and eating them with a bored expression. I wish I could go to dinner with him, but I'm stuck here all the time. My phone binged.

'What're you up to?' ~Renge

'Hey Ota, I'm just sittin in bed, eatin chocolates'

'You think the nurses will let you out for a night??' ~Renge

'Doubt it'

'...just ask' ~Renge

I chuckled softly. 'Yea alright'

I pressed the emergency button that I'm supposed to press when I'm feeling in pain and I heard multiple panicked footsteps come to my room. Everyone stopped freaking out when they saw me calmly sitting with my finger still on the button. I smiled and then their faces showed their obvious anger.

'I'm like the boy that cried wolf, right??' I wrote.

My nurse smacked me upside the head. "Don't ever do that again. That button is serious, James." She scolded, then turned toward the doctors and nurses who were collecting their slightly panicked breaths. "I'm sorry."

I smiled sheepishly. 'I wanted to know if I can go out with a friend for a few hours...' I wrote after they left.

My nurse grabbed me by my ear. "After the stunt you pulled, I outta say no!" She scolded, then let go of my ear and took a deep breath. "But... you can go out with your friend... as long as Mr. Otori is with you." She wrote stuff on her board thing.

'Kyoya??? If he comes then Tamaki comes and if Tamaki comes then the whole host club comes.' I huffed as I wrote on my white board.

"I'm sorry but it's the only way." She turned toward me.

I sighed. 'And here I was... hoping to just hang out with Renge...'

"You can still hang out with Renge, and Haruhi, and the twins, and Honey and Mori."

I smiled bright at the thought of spending time with the twins outside of the hospital.

"You also have to take your wheel chair."

"Ughhhh..!" I whined.

She smiled brightly. "I'm glad you agree, I'll notify Mr. Otori." She left.

'Ota.... they're making Kyoya come with us...' I texted Renge.

'That's fine. I invited the host club anyway' ~Renge

I turned off my phone with a huff. At least I get to see the twins... if the twins are gonna be there then Will's gonna be upset. Well, he doesn't have to know the twins are gonna be there. The nurse came back and we got me ready to leave the hospital for the first time in forever.

(Guyssss I passed finalsss, and I got 100/100 on my Spanish final so I'm literally the happiest person ever, it only raised me by one percent so I still have a C but I got 100 on my Spanish final.

Anyway, finals are done, winter break has begun and we should all be expecting a Christmas chapter in the near future, when's Christmas again...? I can't remember. It'll come to me.

Anyway! The next chapter is gonna be his time out of the hospital (btw I'm not following the episodes anymore...) and then the chapter after that is gonna be a Christmas special that'll be posted on Christmas Day, yayyy)

(Oh oh oh, question thingy, I wanna start this. What's your favorite animal? I love elephants)