Chapter 32

I woke with a start, it felt like I couldn't breath, and like something was weighing down my chest. I let out a noise of pain as my chest started to ache. I rolled off my bed, clutching my heart.

I could barely hear the multiple people coming into my room, or my my mom yelling into her phone in a panic. I was too busy focusing on not passing out, because I'm scared that if I pass out, I won't wake up. I wont get to say goodbye.

I rolled onto my back, groaning in pain as I fought the black dots crowding my vision. "Mom..!" I called out.

"I'm here baby, I'm right here," she gripped my hand. "You're gonna be fine, okay? You're gonna be alright,"

I stared at her as she spoke, soon I couldn't hear her anymore, I was just watching her mouth move, then the black dots won the fight and I fell into a deep dark sleep.

The end guys. I hoped you liked it, he's dead now. Lmao.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Jk guys I wouldn't do that to you that's only like 100 words.

I woke up to constant beeping. My eyelids were heavy and my body numb. I let out a quiet groan as I struggled to drag my eyelids open.

"-y.. James, baby, can you hear me? James?"

I looked over at my mom as her voice echoed in my eyes.

"Mo— om..." I croaked.

She sighed in was sounded like relief. "Doctor! Doctor! He's awake!" She shouted into the hall.

I took the time to notice the many wires and needles in my body and the many machines I was attached to. Much more than usual. The doctor walked in and I weakly looked at him.

"We managed to stabilize your heart," he started talking seriously. "But you need a transplant, soon or you won't make it,"

My mom choked on a sob, grabbing my hand. This felt really unreal, like Im dreaming.

The doctor handed my mom a pack of tissues with a sympathetic look. Before he turned back to me.

"The truth is James, your transplant won't be here until tomorrow, and we need you to be prepared for anything,"

"You mean... prepared to die?" I croaked.

"We will do everything we can to prevent that, but we want to make sure you knew the possible outcomes,"

I nodded and looked at all the machines. "What's all this... what are they doing to help?" I felt out of breath from talking so much.

"They're keeping your heart stable, we want to keep you stable for as long as we can, until your heart gets here,"

"It's... not my heart.... it's... someone else's..." I muttered, my eyes closing tiredly.

"I think we- we should let James rest," mom sniffled.

"Yeah," the doctor said softly, before I heard his footsteps leave the room.

Mom pulled a chair up next to my bed and gripped my hand tightly. I forced my eyes open. "Hikaru... and... Kaoru...?" I breathed out.