Nian with you always. (Nina dobrev and ian somerhalder fanfic)

-hey I have decided to write a fanfic about nina and ian aka nian! They are beautiful and I want them back together so badly. There are rumours that they are but anyway. So they will start off not together and will be back together. Nina will be threatened with life changing news and she will have to find a way through it. Give it a while to get going please-

-Nina's POV-
I pulled the curtains open and prepared to face the day ahead. It was the beginning to the season 6 tour and I was dreading it. It would be the first time I had seen ian in months. We hadn't seen each other since we stopped filming. We pretend to be professionals and that it's not awkward between us but it's the hardest thing ever. Breaking up with him was the biggest mistake I had ever made. Al he wanted was to take our relationship to the next level. He proposed and I rejected him because I didn't want to be tied down so early on in my career. But he took it the wrong way and thought I ment I diddnt want to be tie down with him and I wanted to find someone else. Of course not, he is and was my life the reason I woke up in the morning. But then I made it worse calling him paranoid and telling him to leave. I am a huge idiot. I let the person I love the most leave. I know he would take me back instantly but I didn't know how to tell him how sorry I was. I guess the next month will be my chance. All the cast along with Julie, Kevin and some others like the make up artists were all going on tour around the us for the new season. They were picking me up in an hour. For Ian and I pretending we were ok for our friends was the hardest thing. They always made jokes and tried to hock us up again but they end up making it worse. I cry myself to sleep over the mistake I made and yet I don't know who to talk to. We were travelling around for a month coming back every weekend. We. Are doing chat shows and signings for a moth. Great pretending I'm fine putting on a show for a whole moth. I need to get him back and now was my chance.

The coach arrived later I had packed and was ready to leave by the door when I glanced over to something making me cry. A blown up canvas pic of Ian and I from two years ago. He was kissing my head and I was sticking my tongue out at Paul as he took the photo. It was such a good day and Ian got it made a Christmas present for me one yer and I never got round to taking it down. A nocking at the door pulled me out of my trance I opened the door to see Paul with a huge grin on his face. "Hey Neens" he pulled me in for a hug and span me round. "Hey paulie I missed you " I said to him
"Missed you too" he chuckled. We walked over to the coach. He put my bags in the compartment underneath it and grabbed my hand. "Nina, it's great to see you and I wish I could sit with you on the journey. But it's ian. He seems really upset and I think you should talk to him. Plus Julie made sure the only seat left was next to him typical!." We both giggled.
"Okay I'll try but we aren't on the best terms currently." I told him.
"I know but he needs you to talk to him. " i nodded and got onto the coach. Paul was right the only seat was a row in front of the Back, a pair of seats with one person already seated....... Ian.

I slumped down next to him. And he gave me a small smile. Then returned to looking at his phone.the coach started to move. I thought he would be tweeting but he was looking through the pictures I him and his friend. James. I saw a tear roll down his face. What was going on James was a good friend of Ian and I. Ian knew him since childhood and I met him with Ian. He was the type of friend everyone needed. The one who was always there for you but never expected anything In return. The fact that Ian was trying to hide himself crying was a bad sign. I decided to confront him and talk for the first time in months. "Ian, are you okay?what up?" I asked him he turned to face me.
"I'm fine" he snapped. I cupped his face in my hands. "Ian no your not something's wrong and you can tell me I'm here for you." He looked at me with his icy baby blue eyes making me melt inside. "It's James he has cancer and only has weeks left" he confessed. I hugged him while whispering words of comfort to him.i was in shocked what was happening. "I'm so sorry Ian. but It will be okay,he's a survivor he will beat it. Are you going to see him?" I asked. Keeping a low voice we were the only ones that knew James and I didn't want to draw attention to Ian like this he only let his walls down around me I could tell. Because so did I. "I'm supposed to go at the weekend but I can't Nia" he called me my nickname he gave me making my heart flutter "hey it's okay I'll be here and we can help him through it together. Okay?"
"Okay thank you."
"Your welcome I will come with you if you want?to see James, I'll help you through it?"
"Yes please" his face lightened up a little bit and I hugged him in my arms.
"I'm here for you Ian always. " I know he would find that hard to believe because I blocked him out Of my life. But the truth was I still loved him more than life and I needed him back. I could tell he was tired so I made him rest his head on my shoulder and I rested mine on his head. And we sat there next to each other just talking and eventually falling asleep our heads linking together like two parts to a puzzle. It felt like it used to. I was going to get him back because I loved him. I needed him and I always will.