Betrayal

-thank you for reading.sorry I took forever to update I have loads of exams at the moment and I've been ill so here goes.-

Nina's POV

I laid down on the bed pulling him back with me so he was on top of me. I kissed his cheek, jawbone, chin and his lips. trailing my hands down his shirt I traced the first button and began to unbutton, one,two... but he put his hand over mine to stop me.

"nina I can't." he said gently pulling away.

"What? what's up baby?"" I said lying down next to him with my head on his shoulder."its just, you left me because I was rushing things and now I just got you back and everything is going so quickly. I'm scared I'm gonna get hurt again" he whispered glummly.

"ian. you know how much I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you but I will love you forever and I will never leave you. or hurt you again. you are my world ian and all I want is you. okay?"

"Okay" he said."it just..."

"What is it tell me anything."

"I think we need to take it slow and work some things out, I'm sorry but I need to build my trust up again. things have just been so hard for me. I just missed you so much Nia..." he said in a soft voice he was just looking down playing with our hands. I nodded but realised he couldn't see because I was snuggled in his neck.

"I know ian I missed you too and I'm so sorry I let you go. it was the biggest mistake I've ever made I was just scared of the future because of the past." I said with a tear building in my eye. I was bringing up old memories I didn't want to but I didn't want to hide from him anymore. "What are you talking about honey?" he pulled my chin up so I was looking at him in the eyes. "you want to be able to trust me so I'm never going to hide anything from you." I said to him.

"when I was about twenty it had been going out with a guy called harry. we were together for 6 years since we were 15 and I thought he was you know the most perfect guy in the world. I thought life wasn't gonna get any better. I was young and crazy so on my nineteenth birthday he proposed to me. I said yes I was lovestruck and completely out of my mind. so we weren't planning to get married straight away maybe a few years away. I was so excited so happy. but one night I walked in on him with someone else. a girl who was my best friend." I explained with tears rolling down my face. he wiped my tears away with his fingers."nia you don't have to..." I cut him off " ian I want to tell you the reason I was scared to Mary you." he nodded and I continued.

" as you can imagine I was really pissed and yelled at him and she left. we were alone and so I asked him about it and he said "I never wanted to marry you. you were just so desperate and I found it funny so I just played along. I've been with lily" -who was my friend he slept with" I've been with her since before you it was her idea for me to propose To you it was our joke. I never loved you." I let out another small sob. Therese were such hard memories " and after that I tried to run away but he grabbed me and slapped me across the face and he took advantage of me. he raped me and I couldn't get away. he told me that if I ever told anyone he would do it again. so I've been afraid of commitment ever since."

I looked at Ian and he had tears in his eyes he squeezed me in a gentle hug and I hugged him back. he stroked my hair and kissed the too of my head. "I'm so so sorry baby that that happened to you I'm so so sorry sweetie" I kissed his cheek. "but you know that I would never ever ever do that to you you know that. I love and respect you too much." I was crying loads now he was so amazing and I knew he would never even think of doing anything like that to me.

" I know you do ian and I love you soooo much. I know that you would never ever think of doing anything like that. it's just when you asked me I panicked and thought of that and freaked out. ian I want to be with you forever and I promise you that one day I will marry you but just not yet. "