W I N T E R W O N D E R L A N D

december 7, 2017

W  I  N  T  E  R   
W  O  N  D  E  R  L  A  N  D

the air is like walking through particles of ice, my cheeks pale and stung by hundreds of frozen needles, but the pain's now numbed, what's left is a feeling of what used to be.

the night is calm, darkness washing over my body in gentle waves pulling me in. excitement buzzes, coursing from my heart to every vein, its taste prevalent in each breath i exhale, pillowing out of my blue-hued lips in puffs of mist that slowly disperse, breathing fire without the heat. a clear vision after a sharp intake that never spills back out reveals an old, lost love that's returned back home after years of disappearance.

it falls into my arms in the form of flakes, glistening in the brightness of the wonder in my eyes. they land upon us, caught in the tangles of my hair, giving us sweet pecks, showering us in uncountable small kisses on our frail, shivering bodies, gently floating in our lungs and hearts.

the sky rains diamond jewels, releasing a moment of priceless joy upon a city trapped in the heat of a crisis and panic, a much needed embrace after devastation.

snow?! where i live??! it's been eIGHT YEARS BUT I'VE NEVER EXPERIENCED IT LIKE THIS BEFORE !! it's not a whole lot of snow, but i love it and i love you.