3

The next morning I am awoken by my alarm and my dog's tail on my face.

"Rollo get your stinking butt out my face smelling like fresh fart", I say groggily and annoyed.

Rollo moves off of my face and snuggles deep under the covers. It sad he's laying all in my bed like he owns it and he has his own bed. I roll my eyes and head to the bathroom to handle my business.

"Good morning baby girl I know today is your first day of high school so I was out all day and I got you this made", She says handing me a beautiful custom made dark blue and peach Micheal Kor Book bag.

"Thanks mommy and it matches my outfit", I say wrapping her in a bear hug.

Kinda of fancy but I loved it and it was the thought that count. Finally I was all ready for school and we head downstairs to the car my mom bought just for me to get back and forth to school . If I wanted to participate in sports that would be my ride and the driver was cute.

"Have a good day baby and if you have any problems call me and let me know", My mom says waving goodbye .

"OK mommy bye I love you", I say as the car drives off.

During the car ride there is an comfortable silence but I'm cool with it. I plug my headphones in and endure the car ride. The car finally pulls up and I bid farewell to the driver and hop out the car. I stand there completely lost as the car drives off and a pretty girl with glasses bumps into me and drops all her books.

"I'm really sorry please don't be mad", She says kinda scared.

"Please calm down I'm the one who should be saying sorry I was in your way", I say bending down to help her pick up her books.

"Thank you so much I appreciate it", She says sending me a relived smile.

"No problem , Is this your first year? ", I ask.

She nods and starts walking towards the building. I run to catch up to her.

"Hey mind if I stick with you? ", I ask.

"Sure", She responds with utter shock.

"My name is Nay la by the way and Yours? ", I ask as we follow the other freshman to the Gym.

"I knew you looked familiar , you're so much prettier in person and It's Gracie by the way", She responds.

"Well thank you Gracie nice to meet you and You're just as pretty", I tell her which makes her light up with glee.

We get into the Gym and take a seat together . We receive all kinds of weird stares but I ignore them. I look over at Gracie and I noticed she's not used to the stares.

"Are you okay sis? ", I ask.

She nods but honestly I know she's lying but I just kinda shake it off.

A group of girls walk over to us and stand in front of us and the smell of fish , perfume, and raw rubber burn my nose. Gracie looks down in shame. If I had one thing from my daddy it was his smart mouth.

"Can y'all move y'all stink and its burning my nose bye", I say disgusted.

"Excuse me who are you talking too", One girl asks .

"You", I respond holding my nose.

"You don't talk to elders like that", She says taken back.

"Girl get out of my face please I honestly don't care how old you are period . Learn to take a bath smelling like garbage and the ring of the bathtub . Now get out of my face fishy before I punch you", I say all in her face.

She walks away with a nasty twitch that looked like her booty was having seizures and I started spraying my perfume to cleanse the air . I was beyond irritated and it was too early for that. I look over towards Gracie and a couple of other girls and they had a facial expression of amazement .

"What?", I ask confused .

"Nobody ever stood up to Katina and her friends like that", Another girl says.

"Why?", I ask confused , disgusted , and irritated.

"She's boss and her daddy owns the school", The girl says.

"So My parents are Micheal Jackson and Diana Ross and that doesn't give me permission to treat people like garbage", I say looking at my phone and texting my dad.  

"Anyway what's your name? ", I ask the girl.

"Its Christine", She reply's.

"Nay la and Nice to meet you Christine", I reply sending a smile her way.

The whole Gym finally goes quiet as the principal walks into our presence. He introduces himself and basically explains the course of the school year and what to expect from us and to look up to the upper class man. I just met a couple of upper class man and I guarantee they are nothing to look up too. I look at Gracie whose whispering and giggling with Christine. I'm glad she's finally coming out her shell  . Finally the orientation is over and we head to our lockers .

"Where is your locker?", Christine asks.

"321", I reply.

"123" Gracie reply.

"Next to mine", Christine replys with glee.

"You're all the way on the junior floor", Gracie warns me.

"Well I do take all honors classes and most of my classes on the 3rd floor", I say .

"But we do have Gym , Lunch , and Music together so I guess I'll see you guys then", I assure them wrapping them in a hug before parting ways.

I finally make it upstairs and find my locker but it is blocked by Katrina and a group of boys and the smell of fresh burning rubber feel my nose.

"Excuse me", I say pushing through them to get to my locker.

Then move out of my way and I decorate my locker and get everything in order. I feel about a million eyes on me.

"Excuse me can I help you?", I asked feeling disturbed.

I turn to see a group of smiling faces and three salty ones. I pushed past them and head to my first class which is Honors Algebra. I absolutely love math , Money , fractions, and decimals. Just everything about math excites me . I step into the class and take a seat near the front of the class.

A cute Hispanic walks in with his Canadian friends with smiles that belong to the joker and eye contact on me . They come in and sit directly behind me . I cringe as I feel his hot breath and whispers make me weak.

~~Edwin's POV~~

"Look like we have our first victim of being turned out", Zion reminds me.

I smile and nod .

"She's perfect", I say admiring her perfect hair and frame , just everything about her was perfect.

But one's thing for certain I was going to make her mine.