White Noise

Normally Karma would help him during times like these, but her and Taro seemed busy at the moment so he didn't bother. He proceeded to lock himself in a closet and hide there for almost an hour until a certain one armed Metal Maniac swung the door open and grabbed a towel just before looking down and seeing the scared Teku.

      "What the..."?

      Shirako looked up at him with big eyes that seemed to scream, "please don't tell anyone".

      Mark turned to look down the hallway at the sound of footsteps, surprisingly hurrying to close the door.

      "Hey, Markie" -a bit of nervous laughter- "sorry, sorry. I'll talk to you later alright", Kurt said as he walked past his younger brother to his room.

      "Yeah, whateva", muttered Mark as he slowly opened the closet door and crouched down next to Shirako.

      "I may not know you, but I can tell when something's up with somebody -'specially when they've been hiding in a closet for an hour"

      Shirako gave a weak smile and rubbed the back of his neck with his palm. That's when Mark noticed.

      "Oh! Since when don't you wear your headphones", He exclaimed in a sharp whisper.

      "Ran out", Shirako stated a little quieter than he intended.

      "As long as you keep that trash music to yourself, I got you man", he said as he patted Shirako's shoulder making him flinch a little.

      The Metal Maniac got up and closed the door, heading off down the hallway. Shirako's eyebrows furrowed at the music comment; rubbing his arm softly where Mark had hit him.

      "Yo Kurt, you know where Shirako is", Nolo shouted from down the hall.

      "...No. haven't seen him for a while"

      "Damn. Anyone else wanna play Mario kart"

      It had been an hour and only now were the others noticing. -and they didn't seem to care. Great; that was enough to make him freak out in his thoughts. He dragged his hands down his face, looking at the shelf above him, banging his head on the wall for good measure. The music made his anxiety better, but the more he relied on it, the worse he became.

      The door opened and a tattooed arm slid in holding his fully charged headphones. He eagerly took them and shoved them on to his head after syncing it back up with his phone. He let out a long relieved sigh, got up, and opened the door.