Let Go

Thinking before doing is normally the ideal thing to do in any situation, but Nolo Pasaro tends to mix the two up.  Take this situation for example.  Tork clutching at his bloodied nose and Nolo with tears streaming down his face and anger in his eyes.  He had a vague idea of why it happened, but wasn't entirely sure.  He never was.  His state of slight confusion became unbearable when Tork suddenly pulled him in to a hug.  He hesitated of course, questions being raised by the second in his mind, but he managed to slightly tap Tork's back with his palm as the bigger man held him tight.  After his jumbled thoughts became a little more orginized, he noticed that Tork was shaking.

He was shaking.

All this time spent hating him and not once did Nolo think that he might've cared.

Tork stepped back suddenly, wiping his eyes quickly before picking something up from off the ground.

Nolo's thoughts were all in place now.  He remembered why this happened.

The old, slightly broken chain rested in Tork's palm.  The 'T' glistening in the light of a knocked over lamp.

"I... I know I shouldn't've touched it but I noticed how you reach for it when you're nervous.  -And the look on your face when you realize it's not there.  I-".  Tork looked up for a brief moment.  Nolo couldn't understand why.

"I went back and got it...  I don't know why".

Nolo practically grabbed his brother's chain from him, rubbing the broken edge of it with his thumb.

"Thank you", he muttered with his eyes glued to the trinket in his hand.

Tork gave a somber smile and walked out of the room leaving Nolo to sit on his bed and examine the chain for what seemed like an eternity.

He couldn't help but feel thankful.