Chapter 41

Its been a few days since I was let out and five since we found out that Colby is in a coma. I have counting. The days go slow. I have gotten used to walking again very quickly but I cant run or do anything besides walking at the moment. I have slept at the hospital everyday since I was let out. I went home to have a shower and get some stuff but then went straight back to the hospital to be next to Colby. They said he might not be waking up for a month or so and I felt my heart shatter even more. I bought him flowers and put them near his bed. The others have as well. He is surrounded in cards and flowers. I started writing him cards for when he woke up, almost like diary entires for him to read.

Dear Colby,

I don't know if or when you will be reading this but I just wanted to apologise. I was speeding and some idiot went through a red light. Please Colby, don't go. Im so sorry that I did this to you. Just please wake up. The doctors are confused as to how your arm is so busted up but I'm not because we were in a car accident. You have always been there for me. You constantly make me smile and are the best brother I could ever ask for. To be honest, when you adopted me I was mad at you and Sam. I wanted to stay with Landon even though I wanted nothing but to be adopted in my entire life. Thank you for everything. Please Colby, just be ok. Please?

Lots of Love,

Your sister: Juliet xxx

Sam has gone home but comes in to check on him every day. I haven't been back to school yet. I don't want to have to deal with everything. I don't want to have to deal with all the kids at school and have to deal with the stupid kid who finds it funny to leave notes in my locker. Sam hasn't forced me to go to school and Landon called his roommate, explaining that they were taking a few days off so he could look after me. Landon's parents died when he was younger. He didn't have any family that could look after him so he was sent to the orphanage. He kept in contact with a few of his family members like his grandparents and a few of his cousins but that was it. I need to ask him how his grandmother was going. The text he sent me. She was dying when I got the text messages but I never got the chance to ask him. I was to worried about Colby. He was on the phone to his cousin and his eyes were freshly glassed over with tears. He comes into the room after a few minutes once ending the call and cleaning himself up. He sat down next to me with the smile on his face. The same smile he has had for the last week or so since I have been awake. I didn't realise something though. How fake that smile was. It was fake. And I hadn't noticed. "Hey babe." he said the same way he normally did. There was something there though. Pain. "Landon. What happened after the texts?" I ask gently whilst rubbing his knee. He looks down then back up to me, tears dripping down his red cheeks. He took a deep breath before clasping onto my hands and holding my eyes. "After I sent the texts, we all made a circle around my grandmothers bed and prayed for her but umm... she passed away after a few minutes. That was my cousin, Victoria. She called about the funeral and asked if I could write a eulogy." His voice softens to a whisper at the end of his sentence. He is here for me. He has been so strong but he has been suffering. He bottled it up. Because he didn't want me to see his pain and he wanted to be strong for me. Why is everyone suffering at the moment because of me. I cant take it anymore. Knowing I have caused so many people to suffer is killing me. I cant help the tears from escaping my eye. Landon wraps his arms around me and pulls me into him. "Landon, Im so sorry." I cry. "I wasn't there for you when you needed me. I forced you to be strong when your grandmother was dying because of my stupid accident." I stutter. "Shhh..." He soothes. "Juliet, you didn't force me to do those things. I chose to. I wanted to be the strong boyfriend and shoulder to cry on, who you would have in times like these and I accepted those when I asked you to be my girlfriend. I wanted to be stronger so that it wouldn't be hard for either of us because there is no way in hell I am letting you go through this by yourself." He says. He tilts my chin up to look at him after we pull apart and he kisses me passionately. When we break away, a soft round of applause comes from behind Landon. Sam. I instantly turn red and look away but Landon doesn't remove his hands from around me. I push my head into his chest to hide my embarrassment. "Are you guys dating?" Sam asks casually. I nod my head to him and I can see a pleased smile creep up onto his face. Thats the first time I have seen him smile since the accident. "Congrats guys." He says. I nod my head and take a deep breath. Im still resting on Landon's chest though. I don't particularly want to move. Im so comfortable and I feel safe. The doctors came in for their daily check up to Colby and I sat on the other bed with Landon and same, waiting patiently for the results. The doctor had no new updates but finally had an idea of what might of happened to Colby's arms. He apparently had them out over the front of the seat in front him. My seat. This is confusing to me. This means he put his arms around the head of my seat for some reason. But why would he do that?

___________________________________________

Don't worry, they wont still be at the hospital next chapter. 

Stay True! <3