2. Nothing About This Job Is Pretty.

Its been a week since that day at The Dagger's cave, and Peter Triosky still shivers at the memory of Saffroni's minion mutilated body

Its been a week since that day at The Dagger's cave, and Peter Triosky still shivers at the memory of Saffroni's minion mutilated body. He has been in this business for years now and he rarely gets affected by the things he witnesses. But that day, he discovered why Arno Belay, the leader of The Stilte, protects his messenger so much --even when it's clear The Dagger doesn't need protection from anyone. Whether it be because of her polished and macabre skills to get information out of someone or her ability to fight and finish jobs, she's a weapon worth to protect at all costs.

Saffroni's man went by the name of Raleigh Vincenzo. Son of an american woman and an Italian man, he joined the Italian Mafia two years ago but was only recruited to collect Dominic Saffroni's drug money. The only thing worth to remember out of everything he said before the poison killed him is that Saffroni will be in Harbor Island to personally receive a drug shipment.

Gidea Isabeau and Adriaan Gazali confirmed the information to be true when they forcefully obtained the schedule for tonight's cargo arrivals. The schedule is clear from 12:00-3:00 am tonight, more than enough time to unload a container.

Genevieve is sitting on top of the metal table in the backroom of the gun shop waiting for Peter to finish cleaning his sniper rifle when the sound of heavy footsteps is heard from the entrance of the gun shop. She pays attention to the frequency of the footsteps and doesn't move from her spot. Peter and Adriaan raise their guns in the direction of the door waiting for the intruder to come barreling in only to receive a bullet thought his skull.

Genevieve just rolls her eyes as Gidea only smiles and shakes his head. "They're still green, Dagger."

"Why aren't you--"

Peter is interrupted when Alonso comes barreling into the room breathless."Guys--Shit!" Alonso raises his hands at the sight of two guns pointing between his eyebrows.

"You idiot! I almost shoot you in the face!" Adriaan yells, slamming his gun back on the table. Genevieve laughs with Gidea when they see Peter let out a breath of relief.

"If she doesn't move, you don't move." Gidea points to Genevieve and then to Peter. "It'll be good to remember that, Peter."

"Right." Peter just huffs in annoyance and continues to clean his sniper rifle in silence. Genevieve refrains from telling him that he won't be taking a gun to tonight's job. There is really no use in cleaning a rifle today.

"Something came up. Boss won't be able to go with us tonight, says that he will meet us at the house after it's done." Alonso informs the group.

Genevieve frowns. Her father hadn't informed her anything, she doesn't have any missed calls or messages on her phone. And by the look Gidea is wearing, he knows nothing either.