10. Meet My Beast.

Genevieve's POV

Genevieve's POV.

Mom tried to to teach me many things, but I was a kid. Surely everyone knows that children don't always remember what their parents teach them. But one thing I never forgot was that lesson my mom taught me everyday for the seven years she was alive next to me.

"Be kind, my child. People will not always treat you with the respect you deserve, but you always have to show them the proper lady you are." She always said that when I got mad at dad for yelling at me.

Those were the only times I forgot that lesson --always when my dad was involved.  Mom always used to say that I was a rebel with a strong heart. I had a motive for everything I did. If I painted the walls a vibrant yellow that Sunday morning before going to church, It was surely because I did not agree to go with that crazy family next door. If I escaped from Zio's watch that afternoon my dad had "friends" over was without a doubt because they were bothering that sweet lady in the kitchen who made me tiny pizzas for dinner and I sure as hell went inside that kitchen to threaten them with a knife. At seven years old, I had a strong opinion for everything. My dad absolutely hated that I was a strong opinionated little bitch. My mom always had nicer words for me, of course, like angel. And she always reminded me to be respectful no matter what or how many grey hairs I made her sprout out.

I really tried to live up to that, but it became incredibly hard after she died.

Of course, as I grew older I twisted her words into Treat others how you would like to be treated. Even at seven years old, I understood that what was happening at that time was very wrong. So incredibly wrong, but I was a child. And I didn't  understand many things until after mom died. Many of which she sugarcoated so much that she created this fairy tail around the world we lived in. I don't know if I would've been better prepared for what happened if she had been brutally honest about the people we surrounded ourselves with. I learned the truth about the world outside that fairy tail way too fast. The people were so twisted that my brain couldn't grasp what was real and what wasn't, and some things my brain decided to block because the shock was too much. But my nightmares where there to remind me every night.

------

"Good night, sleep tight,
Don't let the bedbugs bite
Wake up bright--"

"What are you doin', Baby girl?"

The room was initially dark, but with the voice came the light. I like it dark better, I used to tell mommy that the demons came at night so I wanted my light on at all times. Now, I pray for the light to die so the demons won't come.

"I'm sleeping." I answer him. I don't know his name yet, but I'm not sure I want to know the name of the man who's always mean. He denies me sharpie when I'm not good enough. And I need it.

He gave me new clothes to wear once. The old ones were torn, unfortunately. The lady on the alley promised me a dress, but she never got the opportunity to give it to me. The mean man took her away. Maybe it was time for her to go home, she was dirty after all. Showers are always before 8 pm so you don't sleep with your hair wet, at least that's what mommy used to say. She probably wouldn't  be happy with me right now, since I haven't taken a shower in a while, but she's not here anymore. She was taken away too.