3. In The Demon's Arms.

The putrid smell is what wakes Genevieve

The putrid smell is what wakes Genevieve. She struggles with the darkness surrounding her and the god awful smell filling up her nostrils is what starts opening her eyes, the first thing that she sees is an unconscious Gidea tied down to a chair similar to hers, she notices. She goes to cover her nose with her hand but finds out she can't due to the tight restraints on her wrists. Looking around, she sees Adriaan, Peter and an unfamiliar man who she assumes comes with the other two Russians.  All of them are in the same position forming a circle in the middle of an empty living room in what appears to be an abandoned house.

To her left she finds Alonso, also unconscious. Apparently she and the long haired Russian are the only ones awake. 

"You've been out for two hours," he informs her. His face remains void of any emotion, his eyes glaring forward. She follows the direction of his glare, where his friend sits unconscious. To Genevieve, it looks that he's barely breathing.

In that moment, Genevieve realizes that she's not wearing her mask. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. She tries to calm down her breathing , never has she not wore her mask in front of strangers. Peter hasn't even seen her face and he's been around for years and now a man she just saw for the first time probably knows every freckle doted across her nose.

"Wake up sleeping beauties! Your prince has arrived!" A man no older than thirty-five enters the empty living room. A wooden bat dangling from his fingers. As the man comes closer, Genevieve tries to remember where has she heard that voice before, she stares at the scorched part of his face.

"Wake them up, you fucking idiots," He points with his bat to one of his men. "I told you to knock them out, not to drug them."

"Holy shit."he whispers, astounded when he sees Genevieve for the first time. When she makes eye contact with him, she freezes. A smile grazes the man's lips at the sight of her. She could never forget that smile. That smile sealed her future so many years ago. She has somehow returned to the arms of her demon.

"You've grown, baby girl." He points out. Behind the amusement shown in his eyes, Genevieve detects lust. Shivers rake her body and she tries to suppress everything her brain has shown her of him. "Don't you remember me? Well, I've grown too. Oh! Do you like my new scar? I got it 7 years ago...when you burned my fucking house to the fucking ground!"

Genevieve flinches when he comes closer, stopping only an inch away from her face. She can see how his blue eyes set ablaze in fury, how his mouth turns into an ugly grin and how repulsive he physically became after seven years.

"You thought I wouldn't recognize you?" he sniggers. "Those eyes I can remember even after all these years. I can spot those eyes from miles away, baby girl."

There's nothing more that she hates than his pet name for her. Baby girl. Baby girl. He used it every damn time. Genevieve feels herself sink into a place she never thought possible. Her nightmares used to be just that, nightmares. When she was a little girl, deep down she knew that they had to come from somewhere. Drugs can make you loose sense of reality, so Genevieve could barely differentiate what was real and what wasn't from her memories. Until the nightmares became too real and her only memories started matching up to them.