9. A Series Of Consequences.

Kostya should've had known

Kostya should've had known. Arno shouldn't of have taken Dominic Saffroni's disappearance lightly. Genevieve should've worn something underneath her short silver dress. Everyone should have done something different that day but no one could've known that all this time Saffroni was planning to attack them.

"He has grown some balls. Why would he choose to attack the night where we are all in one spot? It's like he sent them all to die." Alonso looks at Genevieve for answers. She's been quiet since she came back from doing a final sweep of the Mansion.

There are no fatalities from their side, only a few injured. Even if they did kill most of the shooters on sight, only a dozen remain and are currently being held by their necks in the backyard. Arno doesn't like keeping prisoners for long, its only a matter of time before the grass turns red.

Genevieve hears several pairs of footsteps coming down the staircase before Adriaan and Peter come in sight, three other Stilte wait behind them. She quickly stands up and removes her mask, eyeing warily the faces of the guys who seem uneasy when they look at her. They really need to get used to seeing her face, she grumbles in her head.

"I might have an answer for you." Adriaan hands a tablet to Alonso. He reaches for it from his position on the floor and shows it to Genevieve.

"Those are not Saffroni's men," mumbles Genevieve. On the tablet are several profiles, all with photos of the men standing outside. She can't hide her confusion this time, it doesn't make any sense to her.

Peter nods, "These are breeders working for Saffroni."

"Shit, they know about our alliance with the Russians." Alonso throws the tablet on the floor and makes a move to stand up, immediately groaning in pain.

"Control yourself, you got shot in the ass a few days ago," Genevieve reprimands him. "And that doesn't matter, It looks like the Breeders have been working with Saffroni before we even met the Russians."

"She's right, we were all there in Elliot Bay, but they didn't attacked them..."  Peter's eyes scan everyone in the room. "...they attacked us."

Adriaan mouth falls open, his finger pointing accusingly at Alonso. "Fuck, and you were just inside his home."

"Hey! don't blame it on me. I was following orders."

Genevieve sighs deeply. Silence envelopes the foyer of the Mansion where they're all standing, everyone looks down at their feet with their shoulders slumped. It has been a long day for everyone, specially for them. It's not every Christmas that they have shooters threatening their lives but it is an everyday occurrence, just not on the Holidays --which is kind of weird considering who they are.

"Dagger, your father is asking for you."

And it seems that Genevieve's night is just getting started.