6. In Bed With Russia.

There's that saying that tomorrow is always a new day

There's that saying that tomorrow is always a new day. This new day came in the form of training for every member of the Stilte. As Genevieve sits under the shadow of a tree, watching all the members of the Stilte chat animatedly as they gather around the backyard, she's calling bullshit on this so called training. She has a feeling that the food chain is about to be reestablished.

Arno Belay, the leader of the Stilte, has offered the Russians an alliance after his spy confirmed their words to be true. An alliance is the only way to work together, since they refused to leave behind their Bratva days in exchange for the Stilte. So Arno had to strike a deal.

"We have someone that can help them get what they really want, and they can help us strip Saffroni from his power in order to kill him."

"They're not exactly part of our family, Arno. How do you expect them to blend in?"

"No, they are not. Let's call them...family friends."

Gidea can't help but look at his superior with skepticism. The Stilte are not used to making alliances, he can only hope that this day goes smoothly.

Arno claps his hands and walks forward, to the center of the backyard of his home that he uses to train his members. Gidea follows only a step behind. "This is going to be an exciting day!" he tells his right hand man as he pats him in the back.

Gidea locks eyes with Genevieve from across the backyard, both of them sharing the same look, both of them unsure of what's to follow.

With the confidence only Arno Belay owns, he struts towards his men, calling them all to approach. His face is serious, his movements firm and elegant, just like a true leader holds himself.

"Listen up!" Arno's voice is heard all around. "Today, we have three ex-Bratva members who will work alongside us for the next few months. I do not have to tell you how to behave, you're not children. You are Assassins--"

"You're not worried about what everyone might think of the Eagle's decision?" Peter asks Genevieve. She saw him coming the moment he stepped out of the house, but decided not to acknowledge him until he was standing next to her.

"The Stilte trust the Eagle with their life, he would never risk the lives of his family just because. Besides, we never actually fought the Bratva before."

It isn't Genevieve's intention to ease Peter of his doubts, she's just stating facts. Arno's decisions have never been spontaneous. He's the only person Genevieve knows that thinks about everything before saying something. He actually thinks before speaking. A trait that is lost nowadays, she's noticed.

Peter only nods in response. "Aren't you going to join the others?"

Genevieve shakes her head, "My presence isn't required...yet." she says quietly. She turns to look at him. "But yours was required 15 minutes ago when the Eagle walked out of the house. So why are you still next to me?"