Chapter 4 - I Hate Concussions

You quickly glanced out the window when you heard loud voices. You were expecting to see German military. Instead it was just two people, both of which wore uniforms that were most definitely not German.

One of the men was taller than the other. He had auburn coloured hair and wore a sky blue uniform; he was the loudest of the two. The shorter one wore a mostly white uniform and had raven-black hair. You couldn't determine the nationality of the black-haired man, but the other guy sounded Italian.

You watched as Ludwig walked over to meet the two. The Italian seemed very happy to see Ludwig and kissed him on both cheeks. The other stayed a reasonable distance away and seemed to bow slightly in greeting.

You watched as they walked inside, listening closely you caught what you thought were the two men's names; Feli and Kiku.

You were still looking out the window when you started to feel sick. 'I should probably go lay down' you thought. But as soon as you turned around the world seem to tip sideways as your vision blurred. There was a loud ringing in your ears mixed in with the sound of barking. Your vision faded to black as you felt yourself hit the floor.

~~~

Ludwig, Feli and Kiku were sharing stories when they heard a loud thump followed by barking. Without saying a word, Ludwig ran to the stairs. Feli and Kiku glanced at each other before following the German. A golden dog stood at the top of the stairs, barking. When Ludwig had nearly reaches the top, Copper turned around and raced back into your room.

When the Ludwig saw you unconscious on the floor he froze, causing Feli to crash into his back. Kiku crept into the room, when he saw you lying unconscious he crouched down next to you. He put his ear near your mouth, listening for your breathing. He then carefully grabbed you wrist and felt for your pulse. When he was done he stood up and turned to Ludwig and Feli, who was peeking out from behind the tall German.

"Her breathing is sharrow(shallow) but steady. And her purse(pulse) is regurar." He reported.

Ludwig nodded, "Zhat's gud," He mumbled before carefully lifting you onto the bed. Copper jumped up next to you. The dog laid down with his head on your chest, whimpering slightly.

"Ve~.. Ludwig, why-a do you have-a bella signora (pretty lady) in your house?" Feli questioned.

Ludwig stuttered, unsure how to respond. "I..I found her on the street.. took her in.." He mumbled.

Feli seemed content with that answer. "Okay. I'm-a go make-a pasta!~" The aloof Italian skipped down stairs.

"What's the rear reason?" Kiku asked.

Ludwig sighed and leaned against the wall. "I found her and the dog vhile I vas on duty yesterday. She doesn't speak German, and her clothing looks almost futuristic. So I took her in. I didn't vant-" He cut himself off. Kiku just nodded in understanding and turned towards you.

"She does rook rike she's from the future..." He trailed off.

~~~

Your head felt like a lead balloon about to burst and the churning in your stomach wasn't doing you any favours. Groaning, you slowly opened your eyes. A weight was taken off your chest and a golden face filled your blurry vision. A wet tongue swept across your face.

"Yes, hello copper," you mumbled.

"Jou're avake!" said a surprised German accent.

"I would turn to look at you but I'm pretty sure I'd pass out again, If I didn't vomit first that is," you croaked, your throat feeling like someone went over it with sandpaper.

You heard footsteps before Ludwig's blurry figure loomed over you. "Vhat's wrong?" You heard the concern in his voice.

"I have a concussion!" you remarked with a sarcastic joy which was immediately followed by a coughing fit that racked your lungs and caused a temporary spike of pain in your head.

"Do jou need anyzhing?" You heard the German ask as you rubbed your eyes, trying to return your vision to normal.

"Water, painkillers," you looked up at him, your vision a little clearer, "food; toast would be the easiest to keep down." The blonde nodded.

"I'll go get them," He stated as he stood up. He turned to walk out the door but froze for a second. "Umm... By the vay, a couple of my friends are here today. One of zhem can be quite loud.." he paused, "I just zhought I'd varn jou.."

"Thanks for the warning," you half laughed, half coughed.

The tall blonde nodded before leaving the room.

~~~

"How is she?" Kiku asked as Ludwig looked through his cupboards for some pain-killers.

"Concussion," He grunted in reply. Kiku nodded and returned to eating his plate of pasta that Feli had cooked up.

The Italian frowned, "That's-a not good," he stated, "poor signora."

Ludwig turned towards the downcast Italian. As much as Feli annoyed him, it was much worse to see his friend so.. unhappy.

"Feli, vhy don't jou go keep her company? I'm sure she'd appreciate it." The German stated in an attempt to cheer up his friend.

Immediately Feli regained his cheerful demeanour and begin bouncing around.

"Here," Ludwig handed Feli the pain-killers and a glass of water, "give zhese to her too," Feli nodded and bounded up the stairs.

~~~

A knock on the door roused you from a light sleep, "Come in," you croaked, your heard like a lead balloon as you sat up, leaning back against the wall.

In came the Italian you saw earlier, a small frown on his face when he saw just how sick you looked.

"Mio Dio (My God) signora, you look-a terrible! That's-a no good at all," the Italian shook his head sadly. He then handed you the water and medicine, "these should-a help."

You took them gratefully. The Italian pulled up a chair next to your bed as you swallowed the pain-killers. "My name-a is Feliciano Vargas, but you can-a call me Feli!" He smiled.

"(y/n) (l/n)," you replied, attempting a smile. Feli began telling you funny stories about his friends and family. A few moments later, Ludwig and Kiku came in with some snacks, including toast for you. Kiku introduced himself, when you asked he said he was from Japan. They then found something to sit on next you your bed and told their own stories.

The four of you exchanged funny stories until the sun went down. You felt you had gotten close to the three males and slept peacefully that night.