Chapter 7 - On the Issue of Big Brothers (Unfinished / Discontinued)

After nearly three days of trekking slowly through the forest, you, Copper and Ludwig finally arrive at a cozy looking cottage is the vast German countryside. With no one around for miles, it would make a good place to stay and lay low.

The two-story cottage was several decades old, but looked as though it had been treated well over the years; a nice garden out front and a large yard at the back. The cottage was surrounded by farmland which itself was bordered by the forest most of the way round. With a freshwater stream running through the property, bountiful crops and a small selection of farm animals, the country house was rather self-sufficient.

Ludwig, whom you had been leaning heavily on for the past few hours, helped you down onto one of the seats on the front porch before striding over to the door and knocking loudly. There was a stir of movement from inside and the sound of a bolt sliding before the door opened revealing a white-haired male of reasonable build and height, although he was still much shorter and smaller than Ludwig. He wore simple civilian clothing of a plain off-white shirt, dark pants and a beige jacket. The two males exchanged quiet words in German with each other, the smaller man's gaze falling on you as you hear your name. The man's eyes appeared to be somewhere between red and purple, combined with his white hair and pale complexion, this gives him an almost vampire-esk look.

After studying your ragged condition and injured arm, the white-haired male turns his attention back to Ludwig. A few more words were exchanged before the smaller man nodded and gestured for you and Ludwig to follow him inside. Ludwig help you to one of the couches inside.

Once you were more comfortable, a blanket draped over your shoulders and a nice cup of tea in your hands, the white-haired man introduced himself. "My name iz Gilvert. I'm Ludvig's older bruder."