Isolation in Mind

(Donated By A Friend)

Why is it that pain turns us into poets these days?
With all the different types of poetry, beautiful topics to speak of and brilliant minds in the world it takes pain striking someone to unleash the flowing words on paper or a screen.
There's nothing beautiful about what I'm feeling or you are feeling.
Nothing beautiful about what someone or something did to make us feel this way. No beauty in the brokenness.
When something breaks you immediately try putting it back together or pick the pieces up and throw them away.
No one ever says "you know I like you broken" or "you're still good."
To some writing is soothing. To others it just helps them get out what they wish to tell someone.
To the rest it's an escape. For me it's always the pain of you that gets me started.
I should be using these writing skills for school or to describe things that are beautiful and how they make me feel.
I should be able to turn my happiness into beautiful pieces of work but instead I find myself breaking down at different thoughts and dreams of you while typing. The worst one though is always "it's all in your head." All of the thoughts, dreams, memories, and wishes never come true because I always wake back up to the reality of you.