Chapter 6

"Cena, will you please join me on stage?"

The next few moments are a blur. Heads are turning, people are looking for this infamous memer. My parents and Violet are pale, as am I. Carl just announced my ILLEGAL status as a meme dealer.

Do I go up there?

"Cena?" Carl says again. He scans the crowd until he recognizes me. "That man right there, send him up." He points at me and everyone looks.

Hands start pushing me up from behind. I hear people cheering and clapping, calling out my name. I'm slowly making my way to the stage and up the steps. From up here, I can see everybody in the crowd, all of them staring at me.

"This man right here was the inspiration for this all!" Carl exclaims.

"What are you doing!?" I ask through clenched teeth.

"I'm starting a revolution." Carl steps forward and says, "And now, here are a few words from the meme man himself!" The megaphone is thrusted at me.

I hesitantly take it from him and say, "Uh.....hi."

The crowd blinks at me. A few people say, "Hi Cena," as if we're in some kind of AA meeting.

"Uh...yeah. Memes." That's all I say. People start clapping and whooping. "Yeah, I...uh...meme. I meme. I like memes."

The crowd is cheering for me. I scan the crowd for my family, and notice that they're silently staring up at me. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing, but I seem to be doing something right. The gorgeous girl that had been helping hold the sign walked up beside me and holds her hand out for the megaphone. I held it out, and when she grabbed it, her hand brushed against mine. My body was flooded with tingles and I stared into her eyes, frozen. She smirked and stepped forward.

"We are here to start something we intend to finish!" Gorgeous-Girl says. She seems so confident, so proud, so invested and determined. She looks like a memer. A cold, hard memer.

That only made her more gorgeous.

"We want to finish, but we need your help. We ask that you join us in our peaceful protests. They can't arrest us for peaceful protesting, meme or not. We have the right, and it's time to execute it!" Gorgeous-Girl exclaims. Her statement earns her cheers and claps from the enthusiastic crowd.

Carl walks over and takes the megaphone. "WE ARE STARTING A MEMOLUTION!"

I'm not sure why, but those words send me into an invisible panic. I'm standing still on the stage, but my breathing has become erratic and my eye has begun to twitch. The blood has drained from my face and I suddenly my feel as if I could blend in with the snow.

Some shit is going down, and it's all because of me.

There could be serious consequences for this. I could get sent to prison, I could get fined, I could get myself killed just by standing on this stage and making that meme.

My eyes sort through the crowd trying to find my parents and Violet. When I see them, a hint of surprise take the spot of my anxiety. Even they are cheering for the brave souls on stage. My dad is screaming 'YEE' very loudly, as is my mom, and Violet is just spastically flailing about. There is commotion behind me, and all of the memers onstage are dragging huge boxes. They tear them open and start throwing the contents to the audience. At first, I can't tell what they are, but then I see it: meme shirts.

Every kind of meme. Pepe's, Distracted Boyfriend, Pigeon, and so many more. These people were really serious.

"The sooner you start your protests, the better. Thank you all for coming out here and showing us your support!" Carl closes off the rally. Once all the shirts have been distributed, The Dankest Memers group start to quickly pack their things. I look over at the girl.