Chapter 7

A/N- (Sorry, this is mostly dialogue. Enjoy!)

—————

It had been two days since the rally had happened. I was constantly being bombarded by clients congratulating me and then asking to buy some memes. I was apparently not allowed to leave my house because Carl and his clique think it is too dangerous. Fortunately, one of those clique members named Noah offered to deliver the memes and pick up the money for me. Let's face it, famous memer or not, I still need to make a living.

Some rally participant's footage had made national news, boosting my fame. Several reporters had emailed me and asked for interviews, but I deleted them all. I just wanted to be left alone. Illegally dealing memes alone in the streets was a much simpler life. This was just annoying.

Carl's groupies were still guarding my house all day and night, which felt really weird. I felt really bad for those guys, I mean it's probably freezing outside. My mom, Violet, and I often made hot chocolate or coffee or or soups to bring to the guys. They were always grateful, but remained stoic.

I was with my dad, working on some emo meme clips for Gerard, when Violet came running in.

"Hey! Get in here!" Violet cried. She ran back to the living room. Confused, my dad and I walked briskly to her and saw she was watching the news. The banner at the bottom read, 'Pro-Meme Rally Held in Sacramento, CA Today!'

We all stared at the screen, astonished.

"Do you think Carl knows?" Violet asks.

"Maybe you should call him," my dad says. Violet turns and leaves to go back upstairs. I reach for my pocket and call Carl. He picks up on the third ring.

"Holy shit, Carl have you seen the news?" I asked.

"No, why?" he asks.

"Turn it on. Now. Channel 12."

"Okay." I can hear him fumbling with his TV through the phone. There's some extensive muttering, and then, "Holy shit!"

"I know!"

"Cena, do you realize what this means?" Carl asks.

"What?" I ask.

"It means it worked. Our rally worked. People listened and are starting their own rallies!"

"Heck yeah!"

"Hey, I'm coming over, okay?"

"Sure thing," I say. I go to hang up, but then I ask, "Hey, do you think these will keep spreading?"

It's almost as if I can hear him smile through the phone.

"Absolutely."

+ + +

The doorbell rings ten minutes after my chat with Carl. My mom answers it and, as expected, Carl is standing on the porch. Not expected, however, was the Arianna he brought with him. Both were wearing solid black outfits with pea green coats and dark brown combat boots. Did they really coordinate their outfits?

"'Sup," my mom greets.

"'Sup," they both say at the same time. Creepy.

"Come in," I say. They enter my house tentatively, like we're a family of serial killers. I lead them up the stairs and they cautiously follow.

As we reach the top, Violet opens her bedroom door. "Oh. Hi. I didn't know we had company," she states. She looks Arianna up and down, visibly tensing.

"Yeah, we wanted to drop by after what we saw on the news," Carl tells her. Violet glances away from Ari and nods before walking across the hallway and away from us. I take the two memers into my room and tell them to have a seat on the bed.