Chapter 13: Scared

Austin's POV

Everything was a blur.

I was running fast down the halls, opening every door there was, looking for Ally Dawson. I would go into to teacher's classrooms and ignore their stares. All that mattered is that I find her. I need to find her.

Kids would give me weird looks, but I didn't give a damn. None of them were Ally Dawson, so who cares what they think?

I kept running and opening doors, when I suddenly stopped in realization.

Think of the places I have ever seen Ally.

Okay, up in the roof, but I already know she's not there.

In Mr. Bruner's room, but everyone knows he locks his door during lunchtime so he can have his 'Mr. Bruner time'. So it couldn't be there.

I saw her in the same hallway twice. The first time was the day she ran into me, and I saw her for the first time. The second time was when Trent stole her book, and she was trying to get it back. But I already stormed through that hallway, so that couldn't be it.

I can't think of anywhere else.

I dropped my head down and trudged down the hallway. I didn't look up. I was too disappointed in myself. I should know her better. She didn't tell me where she was because she wanted me to figure it out myself, and I failed to do that.

A body slams into mine, and I look up.

The person standing before me is fucking Trent Holt.

He gives me a scowl, and before he could do anything, I wrap my hand around his neck and slam him against the lockers. "Dude!" he screams, but I don't care. He made her life even worse than it already is. She has enough problems to deal with, and then she has this bastard and his rumors to take care of.

He tries to break from my grasp, but I only grip on tighter. Anger flows through my veins.

I hate this guy so much.

I slap him with as much force as I could bear, and he shrieks. His cheek reddens, but that was not as much pain as he put Ally through. He deserved triple her pain, so I socked him in the nose. Blood escaped his nostrils, but not as much as I wanted to.

"What the fuck is your problem!" he screams, struggling against my grasp. This just angered me more, so I hit him again, right in the jaw. I heard a crack, and let me say, that was the best sound I have heard all day.

"What do you think is my problem?" I scream, and for once, Trent doesn't say anything. He doesn't open that big fat mouth of his and retaliate. He shuts up, and I swear I see him shrink, shocked at my intensity.

But he shouldn't be. Ally is the single greatest thing that has ever happened to me, but she is breaking. She is breaking every single day, and I am her knight in shining armor, so anything that contributes to that pain is my responsibility.

So I will crush Trent until he takes back every single word he has ever said about her. I will not stop pounding him until he gets every ounce of pain Ally has ever endured.

He is the one that deserved the horrors of her life. Nothing he has ever done benefited anyone but him.

"What do you think she is? A toy with no feelings? She is not an object that can be thrown around without getting hurt? How dare you try to fucking toy with her? And you don't even have the balls to do it! You get your stupid minions to beat her and leave her in the closet! You have messed up far too many times! Not only are you a sick, twisted human being; you are also a coward! I just can't bear the sight of you!" I scream, and whack him in the head again.