Chapter 15: Tragedy

(A/N: Hey guys! I would like to clear something up. Some people were wondering to why Ally didn't let Austin explain. Well, imagine this. The guy you like just told you he loved you, which you thought to be impossible. Then the next day, he asks out the girl who has been beating you your whole life. Now, that might not be Austin's intentions, but it looks like that to Ally. She was so heartbroken, that she just wouldn't listen.)

Austin's POV

As I walk Cassidy up her front steps, I think of what just happened.

That was the single worst date I have ever had in my life.

We watched a chick flick. Cassidy insisted. She said it 'gave her chills'. I don't think I have ever seen that many girls cry in a movie theater.

All Cassidy wanted to do is make out with me. She would lean over to my seat and say, "Now will you kiss me?"

So fucking annoying.

And I couldn't stop thinking of Ally. Every time I looked at Cassidy, I swore I could see dark, chocolate eyes, and that smile that could light up a room. Then Cassidy would talk, and she would turn back into the girl that beat the love of my life. It was hard being on a date with her.

I never wanted Ally to find out that I was going on a date with Cassidy. Sure, this is all a part of the plan, and she'll understand later, but that look on her face made my heart crack. The way she said no hurt my soul.

I don't blame her for thinking I'm a liar. It looks that way. I could swear on her life that I meant every word I said to her yesterday.

I was supposed to save her from breaking.

But what I did yesterday shattered her into a million pieces.

She said I was never her knight in shining armor, and I never will be.

That sentence hurt so much.

Because I asked Cassidy out to be Ally's knight in shining armor. I would NEVER ask Cassidy out unless it was for Ally. Never.

But I'm going to prove it to her. I'm going to prove that she is my everything. Just wait.

Cassidy turns to me and smirks, and I try my best to keep a straight face. "Austy," she says, taking my hands. They were really cold. "That was the best date of my life!"

Really?

It was the worst date of my life...

"And you know what could make it better?" she says, smiling a sly smile. My eyes widen and she leans over and smashes her lips against mine.

Gross.

She had no technique whatsoever. She just moved her head. She licked my lips, asking for entrance, but I am only putting my tongue in ALLY's mouth. Not Cassidy's.

I kept my jaw clenched the entire time, and didn't kiss back at all. I find the idea of kissing Cassidy Hertz extremely disgusting.

The things I do for Ally Dawson.

After what seemed like forever, I pulled away, taking in a sharp breath and forcing a smile. Cassidy smirked back and put a finger on my chest. "Now it's the best date ever," she sighed. I look at the door and remember phase 2 of Operation Save Ally.

"Um... Cassidy," I say slowly. She looks up at me expectantly. "Can I come in and have a cup of coffee?" I ask, praying that she'd say yes. Her lips curve up into a wicked grin and she replies, "Only if I get a second date."

I smile genuinely for the first time tonight. She's not gonna want a second date after I'm done with her.

"Sure," I say. She takes a key out of her pocket and shoves it in the keyhole. "You'll get to meet my daddy!" she exclaims, pushing the door open.