| chapter one |

' your smile lights up the sky '

"DADDY?" A young blonde child walked around the tiny white and blue themed house, calling for her father

"DADDY?" A young blonde child walked around the tiny white and blue themed house, calling for her father. Little Alexis Brown came across a room that made her nose itch at the strong smell whose name she had yet to learn. Alexis held her teddy bear close to her chest as she pushed open the door, her eyes coming upon a room full of flasks filled with colourful yet toxic liquids.

Hearing the familiar sound of her dad's pants, Alexis walked over to the table at the end, smiling widely as she spotted her father working on something she had no idea what it was.

"Hello, Allie." Her dad greeted with a warm smile dangling at his lips, a smile that brought comfort to the blonde. Alexis dropped her teddy bear and bag onto the floor as she jumped up onto the stool next to her fathers. A piece of card was in her hand that she held with proud.

"Look what I got, Daddy!" She exclaimed as she waved the paper in front of him, a toothy grin on her face as he gently took it out of her hands, making sure not to cut her tiny and delicate fingers. "My report card!"

"Well done, angel cakes." He congratulated as he kissed his daughters head, proud with her report of straight A's except for four subjects - French, Spanish, Math and Science. For someone at her age, it was good enough.

Her father could easily tutor her in the subjects she was struggling in as it was his strong suit. He knew that his daughter was intelligent and that she could do anything she wanted if she put her mind to it.

"Can we go out and celebrate?" Alexis asked as her head tilted to the side. Connor Brown nodded, a big warm smile on his face as he chest swelled with proud at his daughter. She was unusual for such a small child.

"Yes, we can." Rushing out of the room, Alexis was careful not to touch anything before climbing up the stairs and entered her blue sky room. Opening her closet, the blonde jumped up and grabbed hold of a simple pink dress. Pulling it down, the blonde slipped into it quickly before grabbing a pair of her white flats. She slid them onto her tiny feet, the pair slipping on nicely - a perfect fit for the child.

Wrapping a thin braided brown belt around her waist, Alexis brushed through her sun-kissed hair, placing a white butterfly clip onto the side of her hair so that it stood out. The child was obsessed with butterflies right now. They fascinated her with their different coloured unique wings.

"Daddy?" She yelled as she walked down the stairs and entering the room. "Daddy, aren't you getting ready?" She asked as she watched her father frown at his notepad, her brows furrowed.

Looking up, Conner felt a smile stretch across his face as he saw the cute outfit his daughter put together by herself. At a young age, the blonde was very independent. She didn't need someone to look after her which relieved Conner as he didn't want to hire a maid to look after her at all times since he wasn't around a lot.

"Just one moment, angel cakes." Alexis nodded and began to explore the room to fill her time, her footsteps echoing through the silent room. Glancing at a bright object, Alexis turned around only to spot a neon purple liquid in a flask that had silver coloured bubbles coming out of it.

In a trance of awe, Alexis shuffled forward, her feet pressing against the cool marble tile of the slightly dim room. "Pretty." She mumbled.

"Alexis! Don't touch that!" Her father yelled just as she reached it, her arm knocking over another green and purple toxic which caused the whole shelf to knock over and pour all on the innocent little angel who cried loudly.

"Alexis!" Her dad shouted as he came forward, the blonde crying as the chemicals seeped into her skin.

"Daddy." She cried, tears streaming down her face as the man hesitated to touch her, wondering if she was okay and if he'll get burn as well. Once he knew that she was not in pain, he grabbed his daughter into his arms, squeezing her close to his chest as his heart hammered against his chest.

"I'm sorry." She wailed as she clutched onto Conner, the man rubbing her back with one hand as the other ran itself down her golden coloured locks.

"It's okay, Angel cakes." He reassured her, his arms wrapped around her in a tight grip. "Everything is going to be okay."