| chapter two |

' she was enough for them,
a thousand times enough '

"THERE ARE FOUR BASES WHICH MEANS WELL SPLIT UP into four groups, three in one," Steve announced as everyone sat around the big conference table

"Mates shouldn't be with mates," Natasha spoke up, shocking everyone else, including her own mates.

"Vhat do you mean?" Pietro asked, his brow raised as he sat on Bucky's lap, comfortable and content.

"What I mean is that we'll get distracted if our mates are with us." She developed, explaining it to the others, who nodded in understanding.

"Okay, I'll make the groups," Wanda said as she quickly got a piece of paper and a pencil. She scribbled down everyone's name and tapped the pen against her chin as she thought of the groups. She was getting an idea. She quickly connected lines to each other's names, pairing everyone with their strengths, their partners and friends.

"I've got it." She said, pushing the paper to Clint, who picked it up and read it aloud.

"Group One is me, Wanda and Pietro. Group two is Tony, Bruce and Nat. Group three is Steve, Bucky and Sam. And finally, group four is Loki, Alexis and Thor." Clint read, a brow raised at the team pairings.

"Why did you place us in these groups?" Sam asked, raising a brow along with everyone else.

"What? Do you not like them?" She asked, slightly hurt as it flashed through her eyes. Steve was quick to comfort her, shaking his head.

"It's not that." He said, a small comforting smile on his face. "We're just curious." Wanda's eyes widened slightly, but she nodded in understanding.

"Uh, vell, I've put Pietro and me together because we have powers and work well together and with Clint's arrows and shooting skills, we could easily take down the small base. And I've put Bruce and Tony together because they calm each other down and because it's at a mountain and they can quickly get to it. I've set Nat with them because, with her skills, she can take down the guards while the other two disable the weapons.

For the third group, I've put the three together because they're best friends and I know they work well together along with the fact they'll use this time to boost up their egos and say who can take down as many guards. And lastly, I've put the three together because they're all Gods and Goddesses and they can easily take down the headquarters. Plus, they need to catch up." Wanda shrugged as she explained all of it, thinking of everything. Alexis nodded, impressed.

"You're one smart kid." She compliments as a smile graced her lips. "But not as smart as me otherwise you'd have already taken all of Hydra down."

Alexis sat on a box in the weapon room, her foot on another one as she pulls up her black knee-high boots.

The door to the room opens as a person enters the room, coming to sit on a box by the brunette. Moving her hair to the front, Alexis shifted, so her back was facing her mate.

"Could you?" She asked, motioning to the zipper. Tony let out a small chuckled but moved his hands to her bareback. Alexis shuddered at the cold touch on her warm body.

"You're so hot," Tony mumbled as he presses a kiss to her back, the man moving his hands lower.

"Tony." She whispered as his hands travelled to the front, wrapping around her stomach. He pulled her to him, sitting her on the edge on the box he was on. Alexis' head rested against Tony's shoulder, his fingers brushing against her private.

The blonde bucked her hips, the feeling of his fingers on her private was so pleasuring and euphoric. "Tony, please." A small moan escaped her throat as he rubbed her underwear, teasingly.

"Tony." Hearing Bruce's voice, Tony chuckled and slipped his arm out, allowing Alexis to relax against him as she calmed down, her breathing ragged. "Alexis? You okay?"

The said girl nodded, her suit falling off her shoulders as she tried to calm down. "Yeah." She said, nodding again before clearing her throat. "I'm fine."

Bruce walked over to them, a small smile dangling at his lips. Grabbing her arms, Bruce pulled her up and turned her around, fingers wrapping around the zipper and pulling it up.

"There we go." He said as he looked at her, brushing her hair with his hand. "All done and beautiful." A blush painting on her cheeks as Alexis looked down, shyly.

Tony and Bruce chuckled, the latter pulling her into a hug, wrapping his arms around her waist. Tony watched with a warm smile before he stood up and hugged her from behind; both of them shielding her from the cruel world.

They were a perfect match, all Brains and all beauty with a pinch of strength.

A match made in heaven.