| chapter three |

' one day we will all find our someone '

THE WATERFALL THUNDERED DOWN LIKE LIGHTNING flashing the surrounding trees in surprisingly different shades

THE WATERFALL THUNDERED DOWN LIKE LIGHTNING flashing the surrounding trees in surprisingly different shades. Shadows danced among them while trees stood silently like armoured bark sentinels. The sun sent an army of light down emphasising the beauty of the otherworldly environment. Grass covered the land slick like hair, each strand dripping heavily with water forming their own waterfall.

Flowers were sprouting up in an amazing discord of the colours to dazzle the senses and eyes as beautiful arrays of colours from greens, yellows, purples, reds and others assaulted you.

Mountains reached up to the sky seemingly trying to pluck and rival the sun. The homely smell of pine drifted in the air lingering gently like a charm. Birds twittered and gossiped in the tall, mighty trees. This was one of the only areas in America that were untouched by the beautiful yet delicate snow, each snowflake unique in their own way.

The waterfall was an area no one knew about, but, it could be found if one wished to find it or if one simply just wondered in the forest of the tall, mighty trees, each different from the other, whether it may be from the bark to its roots.

Leaves crunch under the shoes of a girl with short, shoulder length nirvana blonde hair. Alexis Brown strolled along the green path, her hair bouncing with each step she took as she stepped on the leaves that littered the floor, each making a crunch, a sound she loved so much after her own voice.

Ring
Ring
Ring

"Hello?" She greeted once she answers her ringing phone, placing it against her ear. One hand was wrapped around the phone while the other was stuffed in the pocket of her large army green leather jacket with a fur hoodie laid back against her neck. It kept her warm in the chilly winter air.

Underneath, Alexis wore a grey shirt with black, high waisted, skinny jeans and paired the outfit off with black ankle high boots that had a four-inch heel. A scarf was wrapped around her neck, shielding her exposed skin from the cold breeze of winter.

"Alexis Brown?" Hearing the voice of the person on the other end of the phone, Alexis rose a perfectly done brow, confusion slipping in and out of her heavenly sculpted body.

"Director Fury." She addressed, nodding her head even though he could not see her. It was just a force of habit. "How may I help you?" She asked as she looked towards the beautiful morning sky, the pink hues dancing in the air as the blue sky more than welcomed it.

"I need a favour." He answered as he too looks to the same sky, one that continued to be the same throughout the same country they both resided in, of course, in different parts.

"Hm, I'm listening."