Trust Me- A Fairy Tail Fan Fiction

Days. Years. A lifetime.

That's how long it took her to come to the Wizard Guild Fairy Tail. The stone and mortar guild hall towered over her in all it's glory, recently built after the Guild's win in The Grand Magic Games. Fairy Tail was the city of Magnolia's pride and joy, this she knew. She also knew that they were very commonly a thorn in the side of Fiore's Magic Council.

Her life's mission was right in front of her face and yet still, she had trouble getting past the anxiety that vibrated her bones. Everything she wanted, everything she needed, was right through the threshold of the doors before her.

All she had to do was go inside.

"I smell something funny." Natsu said, sniffing the air.

"It's probably you." Gray laughed.

"Cut it out will yah, I'm being serious!" Natsu yelled, the heat of his breath in Gray's face.

The guildmates, friends, that they shared the table with all laughed. This was normal for Gray and Natsu. They always kept each other on their toes, often times rumbling in a blur of ice and fire that would essentially cost the guild money for repairs. This time though Natsu's seriousness didn't allow for distractions. Lucy noticed this and it made her uncomfortable. Juvia could care less because all she payed attention to was Gray. Happy just sat by eating fish.

Normally Wendy and Carla would be joined at the table with them, but today her and Carla were out on a solo mission. Everyone was proud and excited at the growing Wendy had done. Once a shy and timid young girl, she was now a girl who embraced her amazing Sky Dragon Slayer powers.

Natsu's attention snapped to the entrance of the Guild Hall as the door opened and someone walked in, carrying the scent of a lonesome forest in with them. The smell of trodden dead leaves, the comforting musk of a mother wolfs fur, the smell of Earth after it rains. This smell may have only alerted Natsu and Gajeel, the strong nosed Dragon Slayers of Fairy Tail, but the magic energy that came with it caught the attention of the rest of the Guild. Cheerful banter turned to shallow whispers, and then to silence.

The girl stood in the doorway, her hood pulled over her head and her tattered cape hugging her frame. Peeking from under the hood were waves of deep brown hair and two braids the color of sapphire on each side of her face. At her back was a large death scythe, the blade sharp and the color of midnight, the staff made of aged elm tree wood.

The lustrous MiraJane broke the silence with her cheerful voice and a charming smile. She came out from behind the bar with her hands clasped together in front of her stomach.

"Welcome to Fairy Tail! How can I assist you?" Her smile never wavered.

The girl lifted her head and removed her hood. Her eyes, the color of burnt wood, never broke contact with Mira's. A scar went from her right eyebrow to the middle of her cheek in a straight line on the side of her face.

"I'm looking for Makarov." She said, in a voice hollow as a mountain cave.

"Mmmmm."

She sat across from Makarov, the Master of Fairy Tail. He looked as if he was thinking deeply, and she kept wringing her hands together with nervousness. She had told this man everything about her. All her secrets, as dark and twisted as they may be. She fully expected to be turned away, shunned and judged for the life she was born into.

"So you want to be a member of Fairy Tail?" Makarov asked, not yet making eye contact with her.

"Yes. It's all I want. I have heard brilliant and terrifying stories of this Guild. Miraculous things even. I desire the camaraderie and bonds that are born here, and cherished. I understand if you cannot, and will not trust me." Her voice quivered.