Chapter 7

Lucy and Lisanna had been sitting and pondering the prank they had pulled on Ember for about two hours. Neither one of them could figure out what was making them act out in such a way. Both of them were the friendly type, befriending close to everyone and everyone. Lucy had even befriended opponents she was supposed to be fighting against before, just because she could see that they were actually good people beyond their darkness. Lisanna normally didn’t have a mean bone in her body. Even her transformation magic was cute and cuddly.

“Why are we acting like this Lisanna?” Lucy whimpered.

“I don’t know Lucy. Even Natsu is mad at us. Erza was so mad she left.” Lisanna sighed.

“Levy is mad at me! I can’t believe it. I don’t know what to do.”

The two girls sighed heavily and sat in a cloud of their own gloom. Their dramatic and jealous actions were now driving their friends away. Lisanna’s own sister was giving her the cold shoulder. Lucy and Lisanna both looked up as two people approached their table. For a split second they were about to smile, thinking it was Natsu and Gray coming over to make sure they were alright. But no such luck. It was Cana and Evergreen.

The two women looked down at Lisanna and Lucy with anger and a hint of revenge twinkling in their eyes. They had their hands on their hips and looked like moms ready to confront their children for skipping school.

“Nasty trick you two brats pulled.” Evergreen sneered.

“W-We’re sorry.” Lisanna stammered.

“I don’t think sorry is going to cut it this time.” Cana smirked.

“Wh-what?” Lucy whined.

Cana and Evergreen looked as if they were standing in a cloud of darkness. Pure negative energy was consuming them. Their eyes looked nothing short of evil. Evergreen reached up and grabbed her glasses, lowering them down her nose. Lucy and Lisanna quickly looked away with a gasp, knowing that if they made eye contact with Evergreen when her glasses came down that they would turn into stone statues. A tarot card landed on the table in front of them, numbers ticking down to 1 from 3 like a bomb. Lucy and Lisanna jumped up from the table as the card exploded, turning the table into splinters and throwing them to the ground with it’s force. Cana and Evergreen laughed so hard they had to hold their stomachs.

This caught the attention of everyone in the Guild Hall. Besides Cana and Evergreens laughter there was nothing but silence. Lucy and Lisanna’s heavy breathing shook their ribs. They looked at each other and smiled. The cloud of negative energy had passed onto them, and they both stood up. Lisanna transformed herself into a cat-human hybrid and threw herself at Evergreen. She managed to scratch her with her claws, from one side of her face to the other. Lucy grabbed one of her keys and opened the Zodiac Gate of Cancer the Crab. The Crab Man lunged at Cana with his scissors and chopped off a large lock of her hair. Cana screeched in shock.

“What the fuck Lucy? Oh, you are done for!!!” Cana growled. She threw a card at Lucy’s head that did the same exact thing to her, cut off a chunk of her hair. Lucy cried out in shock.

“No!!! AAAHHHH!!” Lucy cried out.

“Bye bye Lisanna!” Evergreen snickered, shooting a flurry of kinetic exploding sparkles directly at her opponent. But Lisanna transformed herself to have wings like a bird, and she dodged the attack, flying towards the ceiling of the guild hall and laughing.

“Whoa now ladies!!! Calm down!” Macao called from his table.

“No need to wreck the guild hall. We can all get past this.” Wakaba nodded.