Chapter 2

“So, you have never been in a guild before?” Evergreen asked, shocked.

“No. I’ve just been on my own traveling.” Ember answered shyly.

Ember sat at the bar in Fairy Tail’s Guild Hall with Evergreen, Bickslow, and Cana. The presence of these wizards made her nervous, but their kindness towards her made her mind at ease in a way as well. The conflicting emotions she felt on such an eventful day did nothing but confuse her. Being so used to isolation and always being on the move, sitting in a building surrounded by potential friends and teammates was a totally new experience for her. But the shock she could see on their faces about how she had never been in a Guild before, well, that made her embarrassed. She was an adult after all, not a child, and she had been on her own for so long. She worried that her inexperience would prove to be a major weakness in such a powerful and well known Guild.

Evergreen ordered them a fresh round of drinks. Ember had lost count at this point of how many alcoholic beverages she had consumed. In fact, she was beginning to feel a little funny. Her limbs felt like limp noodles, and her mind felt fuzzy. Also, it felt very easy to smile. Cana had drank more than anyone, but she seemed completely composed. This was intimidating to Ember. Actually, all three of these wizards were intimidating to her. And these were the people being nice to her. Forget about the ones she could feel burning holes into her back with stares.

“Ok, so, we are going to have to explain a lot to you then.” Cana sighed. “What a pain in the ass.”

“Really Cana? Don’t be so rude!” Evergreen sneered, and then giggled.

“Sorry Ember, I forget sometimes that new people may not take my attitude the right way.” Cana smiled with a wink.

“It’s okay. Really.” Ember smiled back.

         Bickslow guzzled down the rest of his drink and let out a long ‘aaaahhhhh’, with his tongue hanging out. His Fairy Tail Guild Mark was black on his tongue. Ember wondered if that felt weird at all when he had originally got it. When Makarov applied the Guild Mark to her chest right beneath her collarbone, she felt a slight tingling sensation. She could only imagine that sensation being stronger on a tongue. He slammed down his mug and turned to the three women that sat around him.

“Well ladies, I am off on a job. Take care of our little girl now will you?” Bickslow laughed, and then he quickly left.

“He’s…..kind of creepy.” Ember giggled.

“Hey now! He may be creepy, but our Bickslow is one strong wizard!!” Evergreen interjected.

“What kind of magic does he use?”

“He can control souls. Human souls. Those little ‘babies’ that fly around and annoyingly repeat everything he says? Those are souls put into a vessel. If you ever see his eye begin to glow green, don’t look at them. That’s his power at work.”

“Wow!!! That’s pretty crazy! And scary. Now he’s even creepier.”

“Well, what do you expect? He is a member of the Thunder Legion!”

“Thunder Legion?”

          Evergreen then went on to explain to Ember what the Thunder Legion was. The group consisted of herself, Bickslow, and another wizard named Freed. They were a strong force to be reckoned with and they were the personal body guards of the S-class wizard Laxus, who also happened to be a Thunder Dragon Slayer. This information caused Ember to perk up a bit. Another Dragon Slayer? She knew about the fire dragon Natsu Dragneel, the iron dragon Gajeel Redfox, and the sky dragon Wendy Marvel, but she knew nothing of a thunder dragon!!