Chapter 9

“Gramps we have to do something, they could have died!!” Cana yelled from the mob of angry Fairy Tail members.

Master Makarov sat on the bar, his eyes closed but his ears opened. His face was red with anger. His children mobbed around him, shouting out for information. Those were the angry ones. The sad ones sat at tables and cried. Lisanna and Mirajane hugged one another in a corner, Elfman’s huge arms wrapped around the both of them in an attempt to comfort. Tears poured down Levy’s face as she sat at a table, her Shadow Gear teammates Jet and Droy on either side of her trying to calm her down. Carla was curled up on Wendy’s lap, tears falling from the young girl’s face and onto her white fur. Juvia was in a rain cloud of her own sorrow.

Erza, Ember, Natsu, Lucy, Gray, and Gajeel were all in sick bay. All of them unconscious, but every single one of them alive. Porlyusica was at their side, her healing magic doing it’s work. Happy, Pantherlily, and Nunu were all in sick bay with their partners. They were the only ones allowed in currently. Part of the anger of the Fairy Tail members was that many of them wanted to see their friends. Hold their hands, make sure they were really okay.

“I don’t know what we can do. Bone Crusher’s new location is not known. And I will not put any more of you at risk.” Makarov sighed. Even he had tears burning in his eyes, he wouldn’t open them in fear that they would show. He had to remain strong for his children.

“I don’t care about the danger!” Cana shouted.

“Neither do we!!” Evergreen agreed, Freed and Bickslow nodding their heads as they stood on either side of her.

“Master, are they going….are they going to be okay?” Levy choked, her hands shaking.

“Porlyusica is with them right now. We have to trust her.” The Master said.

“Ju-Juvia can fight Bone Crusher. Juvia is water.” Juvia sniffled.

“It’s too dangerous right now. All of you, please calm down. If not just to ease the stress on yourselves, but also for your comrades that lay in those beds.”

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Porlyusica looked at the broken down young wizards, her already old face looking even more aged with her despair. It had been a long time since she had seen injuries so bad. She knew that if Natsu hadn’t been a dragon slayer, that the snapping of his spine would have killed him. There was a large chance that the stress on the bodies of Gajeel and Ember would have killed them too. In her mind she wondered if the Bone Crusher knew that. She knew he did this for shock value. He wanted the guild to know exactly what they were dealing with. The best idea would be to not ever go after this wizard again, but she knew Fairy Tail better than that. They would surely go after him.

Gray was already awake. His broken wrists were the most minor of the injuries. But his pride was severely damaged. He laid in the bed staring up at the ceiling in silence. He wouldn’t even look at Porlyusica when she talked to him. Wouldn’t even look at his friends. All he did was stare and blink. His chest rising and falling in steady breaths.

“Gray. I know you are worried that you will have a hard time doing ice-make again. But I assure you, your wrists are already close to healing. You got lucky.” Porlyusica said in a low voice. He didn’t respond to her.

“And don’t feel guilty that you got a more minor injury than your friends. Three of them are dragon slayers, and they will be just fine. Lucy and Erza’s leg injuries are doing well. Erza heals fast even without my help, she should be waking up soon.” She continued.