Chapter 10

Natsu sat on the grass looking out over the river. The light of the setting sun dancing in sparkles on the waters surface. Happy sat next to him eating a fish and being quiet. He knew Natsu was in deep thought so he didn’t want to disturb him. He had been quiet all day, even while they were out in the woods fishing.

Contemplating feelings, especially those of a romantic nature was not something Natsu had ever spent much time doing. He felt as if he had steam coming out of his ears from the gears in his mind working too hard. But he knew that some time soon he had to come to a conclusion, and he wasn’t going to give up. He knew that if his silent thoughts and alone time didn’t work for him, then he would have to go and talk to someone about it. This may be a situation he couldn’t figure out on his own, no matter how hard he was willing to try.

Natsu let out a sigh and closed his eyes, tilting his head to the ground. Happy took this as the end of Natsu’s deep-thinking-time.

“Natsu, feeling better?” Happy asked.

“Still confused Happy. This is some rough stuff. I wasn’t born for this.” Natsu sighed.

“You were born to fight!!” Happy cheered.

“YEAH!!” Natsu shouted, and they both laughed.

“Do you want to go home now Natsu?”

“Yeah.”

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Ember woke up with the morning sun shining on her face. She stretched her body out like a cat, but quickly coiled in on herself. Stretching too hard still hurt her ribs. She let out a pitiful groan. Laxus rolled himself over and threw his arm over her body. Feeling her tenseness he opened his eyes and sat up, looking at her confused.

“Are you alright?” He asked.

“I stretched too hard.” Ember pouted.

“Oh, don’t be a wimp.” Laxus laughed and kissed her forehead.

Laxus sat up and stretched himself, his arms reaching out like giant wings. Ember laughed as his face contorted hilariously from his yawn.

“You know, I could have stolen all of your stuff and neither of you idiots would have ever known.” A voice chuckled.

Ember and Laxus both jumped out of bed, immediately on the defense. They scanned the room and noticed Natsu and Happy, both of them sitting on Ember’s breakfast table. Luckily for everyone no one was naked this time. Laxus and Ember growled at Natsu and sat down on the edge of the bed, waiting to hear what ridiculous story he might have for them this time. Natsu smiled at the both of them, baring his teeth.

“What is it Natsu?” Ember asked.

“You really have to learn how to knock you little punk.” Laxus sneered.

“Well maybe if you ever went home…” Natsu sighed.

“What the hell? That’s not even your business!” Laxus shouted.

“Alright enough. Anyways.” Ember laughed.

“Ember, I did what you told me to do. With Lisanna and Lucy. I spent all of yesterday thinking about it, and I still haven't figured it out.” Natsu sighed.

“Oh! OH! Well, did you feel anything?” Ember asked excitedly.

“Yes. I felt a few different things.” Natsu said.