Chapter 16

I was half asleep the whole time. Hindi ako makatulog. May mga bumabagabag sa akin. What the hell is really happening?. nagkagulo lahat noong dumating si kuya. There are two versions that I know and they are far too different from each other. Pero may bersiyon pa akong hindi naririninig, that's her version. Ayoko siyang gulatin, I don't want the last time to happen again. Nasaktan ko siya, I don't want that to happen. Kaya ako dumidistansiya sa kanya, I reflected on my past actions and what I did is wrong.

What I did the whole day is check my accounts and my latest projects.

"Sir, lalabas na po tayo ng 5:30" pagreremind ni Jane.

I prepared myself. It's just a simple business conference. Magkikita kita ang mga businessmen, mag-uusap usap tungkol sa negosyo, mag iinvest sa ibang mga field.

"read me the flow" wika ko kay Jane. Ang tinutukoy ko ay ang flow ng event.

"sir, first, introduction then may speaker, dinner, ipapakilala po ang big three sir, the biggest business tycoons in the world sir, tapos, ayun na po." wika niya habang nakatingin sa invitation.

"ready sir?" .tumango lang ako at pumanhik na sa Venice's Hall.

As expected, everyone and everything looks fascinating.

"This way sir" iginaya kami ng isa sa mga usherette sa event. As expected, may reserved seat sa lahat ng company leaders.

"thank you" wika ko at umupo.

"I requested them na ilipat ang seat ko dito dahil kakilala kita" wika ni Marco. Tumango lang ako at ngumiti.

I talked to the businessmen in our table.

"Carl Hidalgo, owner of Hidalgo Tradings" pagpapakilala ng isa.

"Silver Francisco, owner of the most indemand fastfood chain in the Philippines"

"Kristel Abad, Abad Fashion Express" wika niya.

"I'm Reigan Montenegro, president of MGC" nakita ko ang gulat sa mga mata nila. Yes, I'm not bragging about it but my company is one of the leading company in the Philippines and it is famous all over the world, dealer kami ng mga construction supplies, everything that talks about buildings and houses, name it, my company has it all.

"Marco Aguilar, presidente ng Elite" wika ni Marco.

We talked about businesses and everything. The MC came and started the event.

The speaker is Mr. Alfred S. Hernandez, the owner of this hotel. He looks like a serious person. The speech was short but meaningful. He thanked everyone for coming, he gave a background on how this hotel started. His speech was inspiring.

This business conference is more like a simple event for all the businessman in the world. The biggest event I went so far. Nag early dinner ako kanina kaya't hindi ako nagugutom.

"and now, for the main event. The time has come, for all of us. To meet the Big three at once" tumayo ang lahat at pumalakpak.

"it is an honor for me,  given the chance to introduce them to all of you, without further ado". and the MC started.

"The owner of the leading cellphone network, the owner of the most indemand gadgets in the world, the one and only, the great, Mr. Marlon Leviste Smith ". everyone clapped for the man who entered the hall.  

Umupo siya sa upuan sa tabi ng mag asawang Hernandez.

"The owner of the biggest shipping company in the world, Mr. Robert Curt Frond" the second person entered the hall. These people are the leaders, they are the best of the best. I also want to be one of them. Malapit na, konting konti nalang.