Chapter Nine; The Many Personalities Of Orihara

The cushioned seat felt nice on Shizuo's skin as, he watched his best friend, Celty type away explaining the situation. The two was sitting in the living room, waiting patiently for Izaya's awakening in the other room. Shinra has fixed his wounds, cuts from the shattered glass he fell on. Mairu, and Kururi waited guiltily staring at their shoes, outside of the apartment. "So, Izaya actually had nothing to do with any of this??" The blonde asked highly unsure about the whole thing. He stuck and cigarette in his mouth waiting for Celty's reaction before lighting it. Celty nodded her neck up and down telling the truth. A puff of smoke escaped Shizuo's shocked lips. 'Deep down could Izaya actually have an heart? Pushing passed his narcissistic views could actually lie a decent person?' Shizuo thought.

Shinra stepped out of the room heading towards the living room where Celty, and Shizuo were. "He's awake." The doctor proclaimed. Mairu, and Kururi heard footsteps heading towards the door, as the knob turned they stared at the door. Shizuo was on the porch telling the girls, "Yo, Izaya's awake." The girls bowed to him in gratitude before, silently creeping back into the apartment. 'Izaya creeps around like that too. That's how he manages to always break into my apartment. Pulling something bloody awful.' Shizuo groaned at the thought remembering how Izaya dyed his hair pink once. He walked out further on the patio so to be a porch. He gazed out into the night crispy sky wondering if Izaya was truly the asshole people saw him out to be. Shinra took over Shizuo's place curling up to his beloved Celty on the couch. But also worried for Izaya his long high school best friend. Yep, their were best friends. That's actually how Shizuo and Izaya met was through Shinra. Shinra introduced them. Off course, it backfired almost perfectly too well.

Shizuo glanced quickly at the apartment when he heard yelling. He went in and stood behind the door where Izaya was screaming his head off. "YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH I'VE GONE THROUGH TONIGHT?! I WAS SO FUCKING STRESSED BECAUSE OF YOU TWO!! MOM WOULD HAVE MURDERED ME! OR WORSE!!! YOU TWO WOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED TO EVER SEE ME AGAIN!! WHY WOULD YOU THINK IT'S OKAY TO PULL A PRANK ON A CRIME ORGANIZATION, WHEN YOU GUYS ARE JUST A BUNCH OF AMATEURS???!! HOW THE HELL DID YOU EVEN MANAGE TO STEAL MY GODDAMN LAPTOP??" Shizuo's eyes widened at Izaya's temper. Izaya has never lost his cool before til' now in front of everyone. "WE'RE SORRY!!! SOO SOO SORRY!!!" Mairu, and Kururi cried in unison pleading. "GO HOME!! WAIT TIL' I GET THERE!! YOU'RE BOTH GROUNDED!!" A growl that came behind the door made Shizuo shiver a little. The girls busted through the door fleeing from their teenage lives.

The blonde tall male chuckled down at the sight of a infuriated Izaya laying in a bed. Izaya saw Shizuo stare at him with a sparkle in each of his 2 brown eyes. Izaya masked his anger with a cocky smirk. "So, Shizu-Chan what brings you-" Shizuo had cut Izaya off. "Shut up, Izaya. Your act isn't convincing me one bit this time." "So.. it's true. Ha ha ha.. Simon told me I'm more transparent than I think am." Izaya spoke quietly laced with sadness. He laid in his bed silent not daring to look up at Shizuo. "Izaya do you need anything?" Shizuo asked gently. "I have an headache." The young, brunette male admitted barely whispered in Shinra's bed. "I'll be right back." Shizuo said. Izaya closed his eyes.

A few minutes later, Izaya felt a cold, wet towel being placed on his forehead gently and carefully. Feeling relieved he let out a soft, happy whimper in response. Which made Shizuo felt something strange linger through his body. Shuttering at the weird sensation. Izaya felt a strong hand leave his forehead which he groaned not wanting to break contact from the hand. "Say how about an Ibuprofin?" Shizuo asked. Izaya nodded. He then tilted his head back as Shizuo popped a pill in his mouth. After that, Shizuo brought a glass of water to the smaller male's lips. Izaya gulped down the pill. Shizuo grabbed the half empty glass placing it on the night stand. "I heard everything and I've mostly seen everything." The blonde admitted. Inhaling the smoke from his cigarette.

"I almost died Shizu-Chan." Izaya whispered in despair. Shizuo choke on his cigarette in surprise. Shizuo looked down to see a tear roll down Izaya's cheek. Which made the blonde's heart twinge a little. "Izaya, I thought you didn't care about death as long as you got to kill me?" Shizuo asked confused and a little dumbfounded. Izaya sighed a deep confession, "No Shizu-Chan, you took it all wrong. Nobody is really feels complete thinking about killing a monster. Humans die every damn day by the littlest things. Monsters like you survive. I want you dead so I don't have to die all by myself. If I got hit by a truck like you did, I would have been gone in a heartbeat. But you barely get scratches when a truck runs over your lucky ass. Shizu-Chan I'm jealous of you." The whispers became sobs as the tears flooded down Izaya's cheeks. His head burned. Shizuo's cigarette fell out of his mouth done with enough surprises for the day.

Shizuo focused on how the raindrops dripped from the clouds then how it turned into a storm. 'Well.. I can't escape now..' Shizuo thought. Shizuo stared back down at the trembling, upset body next to him. What happen next, Shizuo did what he only felt what the right thing was to do. He crawled up from the corner of the bed. The blonde wrapped his arms around Izaya. Pulling the smaller framed body against into his. Shizuo's face snuggled into Izaya's black, silky, soft, angelic hair. 'Just for comfort for the flea and because it's been a very long night for me.' Shizuo thought. Izaya felt Shizuo embrace him. As the monster's heat radiated off his skin to Izaya's. Izaya let out a shaky breathe from the sneak attack. "Shizu-Chan, you're so unpredictable." Izaya muttered. "Not as much as you." Shizuo chuckled. Izaya felt his hot tingly breathe up against his skin. A pink tinted blush warmed Izaya's skin. His eyelashes fluttered shut. "Sleep well, Shizu-Chan." Shizuo smiled at Izaya's words and told him good night. 'Mmm the flea isn't so bad.' Shizuo concluded before he drifted off into his sleep.