Chapter Eleven; Soup Nazi

Izaya Orihara usually was at least a step ahead of everyone else. But the next day, it seemed like he had to run a mile just to catch up with the universe. The world was spinning way too much for Izaya as he tried to keep his balance. He already tripped over his front foot and stumbled on the pavement. He head ached and his eyes squinted. Making everything seem blurry, and dizzy. His frozen hands trembled while carrying the groceries, that Mairu and Kururi couldn't purchase because they were grounded.

'Did winter come already?' Izaya thought to himself. "Oi! Flea!" Shizuo's voice boomed louder in Izaya's ringing ears than before. The brunette turned his head to see Shizuo. "Hehe Shizu-Chan, I'm getting goosebumps from seeing your monstrous face around here." Izaya chuckled but his teeth was slightly chattering. The blonde's facial expression dropped almost instantly. He turned to face Izaya directly then asked, "Izaya how are you feeling? You don't look well." Izaya snorted before, whipping out his knife from his coat pocket. But shortly after, his blade fell out of his hand by sneezing too hard. Shizuo looked down at him concerned. "Isn't it freezing, Shizu-Chan?" The brunette switched the topic about his health to the weather. "It's barely chilly, C'mere." Shizuo replied holding out his arms. The smaller male nodded sheepishly, walking towards him shyly.

Shizuo felt the skinny arms wrap around his torso then, a smaller body buried in his own. He put his hand up against Izaya's forehead, his prediction was right. Izaya definitely has catched a cold. "You're sick." Shizuo mumbled. He felt Izaya nuzzle his head in his chest more for his answer. Shizuo leaned in to whisper softly in Izaya's ear, "You became sick because of me not chasing you in the rain and not dragging your ass back in the house. Which I could of but, I didn't give it much second thought. So, you will be my responsibility til' you get better okay?" Izaya felt a pair of arms snaking around him picking him up bridal style. But, he was too sick to protest. And it made Shizuo's life more complicated so Izaya let it go. He felt his eyes close before dosing off.

People stared with wide eyes at the scene they never thought they could cross in a million years even if they were the last people on earth. But, the most shocked person standing out on the street was no other than the sushi maker, Simon himself. When he witnessed Shizuo holding Izaya he almost dropped his sushi handout papers. He also noticed Shizuo did not look annoyed, or pissed but rather like he was enjoying himself. Like he was holding some kind of prize and it wasn't his enemy's dead body but, Izaya's sleeping body wrapped up in his arms. Simon watched the Blonde carry the Brunette. With groceries around his neck and a cigarette in his mouth.

Hours later, Izaya's eyes fluttered open. His body was cushioned comfortably in his coach with a blanket smugly on him. He felt slightly better. A figure walked in his direction and, crouched on his knees next to him. Izaya sighed, "Shizu-Chan do you have to smoke while I'm sick and in my house? When Namie comes back she'll noticed the cigarette scent and, she will know it's not mine. Because I don't smoke nor, I am an advocate for those damn cancer sticks. But, I only feel comfortable with you smoking because they don't effect you like an average person would." The blonde nodded removing the cigarette from his lips. "Hey Shizu-Chan, how did you get us in?" Izaya questioned. "Oh, your sisters let us in through the door." Shizuo spoke. Izaya's frown flashed into an excited smile when he smelled something delicious in the dining room. The brunette sat up eagerly. "What's in there?" "Soup." Shizuo responded. Izaya's eyes glistened with happiness. "Yum." the smaller male chirped. Shizuo chuckled getting up. Izaya saw Shizuo's white dress shirt ride up on his body accidently, exposing his back bone and lower hip. Izaya shivered at the sight but, blamed it on the temperature.

The blonde brought back a Styrofoam take out cup filled with egg drop soup and, a plastic spoon. Handing it over to Izaya. Their hands gently brushed together in action. Izaya smiled widely into the cup before, taking his first spoonful. An slight, gasping moan escaped from the brunette giving the taller blonde that funny sensation again like he had the other night. "Hey, Shizu-Chan remember that one TV show that was popular in the US?" Izaya asked. "Erm no.. There was plenty of popular shows from America that I can think of." Shizuo shrugged. "I watched this episode of Seinfeld once with subtitles, it was about this soup maker coming to New York City. Anyway, he owned a soup stand and would only let certain people purchase his soup. He was very picky about his customers. And if he didn't like you he would kick you out. People referred to him as the Soup Nazi." Izaya giggled before continuing, "There was this woman he didn't like. So she didn't get served. You know what she did, Shizu-Chan?" He snickered. "What did she do, Izaya?" Shizuo asked amused. "She stole his soup recipes!" Izaya snickered. Causing Shizuo to cheekily grin, "You really are something else." Shizuo chuckled lightly. After, Izaya finished his egg drop soup.

The two curled up on the couch together. Slowly, breaking the ice of tension and becoming less of enemies than what they first started out to be. Shizuo grabbed the remote off the coffee table turning on the TV. Flipping to a channel til' he heard an excited stop from Izaya. "This is my favorite show!" Izaya proclaimed. Shizuo shook his head amused with Izaya's youthfulness. The screen played a fridge thrown out of a window breaking the glass. By an angry blonde dressed in black dress pants, white dress shirt, and a black vest very similar to him. Shizuo's eyes widened. 'Shit! Shit! Shit! Damn flea! He planned the whole thing out just to make fun of me again!" Shizuo thought bitterly. His collar was started to heat up. "That's my favorite character, Shizu-Chan." Izaya smirked teasingly leaning in. "You like him.. But want me dead?! Is this some kind of sick joke?! You planned this you damn-" Shizuo's growling was cut off by hot breath on his skin as Izaya whispered softly, "No Shizu-Chan, you're wrong. I didn't plan this. And he's my favorite because of you." Shizuo's anger suddenly boiled down as he recollected himself. Izaya leaned back throwing his hand in the air like he always does when he's about to explain something. "Shizu-Chan you really are dumb. Why can't you just understand? You're strength fascinates me. You're not on my I Love Human's list. Because you're not a human, Shizu-Chan. You're on your very own Shizu-Chan list. So, you stand out very much to me and I see you differently from everyone else." Shizu ears rung after Izaya said those words. And for once, his heart pounded heavier more than what his fist could ever do. He felt some odd sense of pride and happiness. Shizuo stared at Izaya stunned yet joyful, he felt like a little kid who just got a gold star sticker. 'Izaya-Kun.. That really sounded like a confess-' Shizuo's thoughts had to stop there. Shizuo wanted to lean in closer.

Shizuo's phone the vibrated from his pocket he looked to see who the text had belonged too. 'Fuck.' Shizuo thought mentally. "Look Izaya, sorry I have to go.. Celty, and Shinra made plans with me today which I really had forgotten about." Shizuo muttered annoyed. "No worries, Shizu-Chan just remember one thing alright?" Izaya paused smiling before continuing, "No soup for you!" Izaya poked his tongue out at Shizuo. Causing the blonde to stare at him in awe and then started to chuckle. Shizuo got up heading towards the door. "Take care, Izaya-Kun." Shizuo grinned leaving the brunettes apartment.