Chapter Twelve; Sushi Does Wonders To The Brain

During, the walk from Izaya's apartment to Simon's sushi place. The temperature dropped slightly and Shizuo could feel the chilly weather lightly breeze his skin. Shizuo had a cigarette in his mouth and a lighter placed in his hand. His thumb rolled on top of the lighter about to cause a flame to flicker. Until, his mind wondered if taking a drag was really necessary that day. His day wasn't even close to being labeled as "shitty." Shizuo stared up into the blue sky clear from any anger, or stress. Just the sun gazing down reflecting off his sunglasses. Shizuo only had felt anger for a very little moment until, it was washed away by another emotion so quickly. The blonde shook his head confused, on how Izaya could make his emotions flip so easily like no other can. Or how his heart spins so drastically like a coin flip. It's always been that way. Like a chess game Shizuo was the pawn and Izaya was the queen controlling the game. But there was the king's place who had played a unoccupied role til' the very end. Who would be the king? Recently, Izaya as the queen has spared the pawn giving him better than worse. Maybe, just maybe the pawn is warming it's way to the Queen's mercy. One thing, that the flea only can give Shizuo was the Kaleidoscope of butterflies that flutter in his stomach sensation. 'Does, Izaya get butterflies too? Nah, he's the individual that who would adore moths instead.' Shizuo admitted to himself. A faint smile aroused on his lips. Shizuo walked through the doors of the sushi place.

The bells jingled after he stepped inside of the restaurant. His brown eyes scanned through the crowd til' his gaze met his two best friends waving in a friendly manner at him. Shizuo walked towards their direction planting, himself in a seat right by them. Simon arrived shortly after. Asking them what they would like to order. The blonde got lemonade to drink, and california sushi rolls for his dinner. Which was his new favorite item on the menu. Because of it's sweetness that made his mouth water in happiness.

It was Simon's break so, he sat in a chair right beside them engaging in their conversation. The doctor noticed something quite odd that day about Shizuo, that only doctors and people who work in the medical field could notice in an instant. "So, Shizuo your clothing smells like faded cigarettes. You haven't smoked practically all day or something? Why the improvement?" Shinra asked. "Oh , I went somewhere that didn't tolerate smoking." Shizuo spoke nervously. Celty turned her head curious now in the conversation. Simon was interested too because of the event that he witnessed earlier this morning in front of his eyes. The blonde gulped down a sip on his sweet lemonade anxiously. "Well, I'm glad Izaya is doing just fine. I heard rumors from the Dollar Page that he looked bloody awful. What an idiot getting a cold from his lack of common sense. What's done was done though." Shinra chuckled lightheartedly. "Yea, he's better I suppose." Shizuo coughed. "So, what's with the game play? You two just fixing each other up just to knock each other down worse?" The russian asked unamused. 'Yeah yeah totally." Shizuo spoke not really sure of himself. Shinra looked at him unconvinced. Celty cocked her head confused trying to find the meaning behind all of this. Simon flashed Shizuo the parental stare. The blonde shrugged everyone off popping a sushi roll in his mouth. After that, the conversation continued like normal.

However, Shizuo was too involved in his pile of thoughts, 'What will we do when everything goes back to normal? Will Izaya want to plot my death again and treat me like a freak? Will I want to try to kill him off and go back to hating his guts like old times? Do I really hate him? I don't really want to kill him. Do I? Yes, I do. No, I don't.. Am beginning to like- NO! The flea is a psychopath. He wants you to believe in him. Maybe, eating sushi will clear up my mind.' Shizuo sighed relaxing his tense form. Joining in on the conversation that lead until, closing hours of the joint. Celty, and Shinra waved them off for goodbyes. Before Shizuo was about to walk out the door, he heard a familiar russian accent that stopped him. Stuffing his hands in his black dress pant's pocket anxiously. He heard Simon say sternly, "Shizuo, I already told Izaya the he's more transparent than he thinks he is. Same goes for you. Does killing off one another really sound that great? I'm concerned if one of you dies then the other will get bored of life." The blonde for once turned to him and bowed then, quickly walked out the door and headed home.