Chapter 10: Battle for the market

The hive is destroying Charles' forces, but they're still fighting. Each soldier is swinging or firing a crossbow or bow. The hive is still relentless, and they're still winning the fight. The king's men arrive just then to see the horrors that Charles' men face. "Sir, what should we do?" A soldier asks the general. "We fight those things." The general says. Theodore's army charges the creatures and help Charles. Then there's a low raspy roar as a massive tentacle bursts through the ground. "This is not your fault, but you will feel the wrath." A deep raspy foreboding voice says at the tentacle attacks the soldiers. Almost half of the army is lost, the archers and crossbowmen open fire onto the tentacle. "Sir, how do we win against that?" A soldier asks Charles. "We don't, we get annihilated." Charles says. Charles then turns tail and runs. The soldiers see him run and lose all possible morale, luckily the tentacle retracts. Only to reveal countless new forms of the hive. There's a large thing, similar to the basic form, that crawls out the hole and a bunch of bird like hive units that fly out of the hole. The soldiers turn tail and run as well, there weren't many survivors.

Charles ran to the castle to warn the armies to quarantine the city. He successfully warns the guard and they begin to evacuate the city, against Theodore's orders. "I order all of you to kill that man!" Theodore shouts pointing at Charles. The red and brown masses begin to appear everywhere, and the hive army has reached the castle. The evacuation was going well, almost all the soldiers and civilians escaped. Charles and the soldiers there take out their weapons. "I order you to stand down!" Theodore orders. Charles stabs Theodore. "You're relieved of duty." Charles says as Theodore falls to the ground. The army that stayed behind charged the hive. The cavalry units were first to strike the hive, there frontline was pretty much gone. The flying units were cut down easily. The brute hive units turned the corner, the soldiers started dying left and right. Then the big one reached the battle, there wasn't enough men to finish it off along with the rest of the brutes, flyers, and grunts. "It was a honor serving with you." Charles says. The men nod in agreement as they begin to get surrounded by the hive. The men die, but they take as many hive units as they can.

The remaining army sends a messenger to the forest cities and desert cities, they were bringing the entire army to take back the capital. The acting general, Jessica Rose, sets up catapults and trebuchets in key locations to try and keep the hive at bay. "Ma'am, what are we going to do?" Commander Liam asks. Jessica asks looking around at the city, and the rising red and brown masses and the giants hive units. "We, commander, decline to be annihilated. We fight, and we win." Jessica says in an inspirational manner.