Chapter 29: Our last time together

All the mechs opened fire on the hivemind's mouth. The hivemind gave off on last scream before it dissipated. The hive on Zaleth that had been infected by the moon hivemind returned to normal due to the absence of a "patient-zero." All the hive mass was completely gone. The mechs returned to Zaleth and the surviving Zaleth soldiers walked up to Julian, Nicholas, Sam, Jessica, and Tristan. "Thank you so much!" They all kept shouting. Jessica got most of the credit since she was in charge of the entire battle. Tristan and Nicholas are talking next to Tristan's new ship, it's the new mech he used. "Nothing like my old ship, new model?" Tristan asks. "Yea." Nicholas says. They go into the bridge of the ship, away from the Zaleth crowds. "You coming back to Reston, Tristan?" Nicholas asks. "There's no need. So no." Tristan says. "There's plenty of need, Tristan. Melissa misses you. There's multiple graves in your backyard waiting for their yearly visit. And there's a friend who misses his general. A daughter who needs her father, and a planet that needs their favorite capitalist." Nicholas says. "No, you all need to let me go." Tristan says. "Like you let go of Ms. Detmer?" Nicholas asks rhetorically pointing at Melissa's necklace. "We need you Tristan. Reston needs you. Your daughter needs you. I need you." Nicholas says walking away. "Where are you going?" Tristan asks. "I'm going back to our home." Nicholas says. Tristan just looks at the hallway where Nicholas walked down and begins to follow him, slowly. 

Jessica stops Nicholas. "So, general, will I ever see you again?" Jessica asks trying to hide her blush. "I'd put your money on no." Nicholas says. Jessica frowns. "I'll try and come back, no guarantees, milady." Nicholas says as he kisses her on the cheek and boards his ship. Jessica then turns around and smiles. The Zaleth crowds have started rebuilding capital city, from the ground up. "So, hon, think everything will be alright?" Julian asks. "Yea, everything will be fine." Sam says resting her head on his shoulder as they sit on a stone pillar. The mechs push the planet back into alignment so the humans on Zaleth won't burn to death then they go back to Reston. Tristan is on the top of the crater and then Julian comes by. "So, where are you off to after your sulking?" Julian asks. "Reston." Tristan says. "So you've decided to go back?" Julian asks in clarification. "Yeah, Nicholas told me they need me back. I'll go for a bit. Then I'll head to Earth, that Tony guy needs a spaceship to explore space after all." Tristan says. "Stop by if you ever pass by, all right?" Julian requests. "Sure thing." Tristan says. They exchange goodbyes and Tristan leaves. 

Julian, Sam, and Jessica start to help with the rebuilding efforts since they've said goodbye to their family from another planet.