Chapter 15: Tristan and Co. Vs. The Hive

About the same time as the battle of Cliff-Ridge begun, so did the battle with the hive near the old world mountain. Tristan, of course, reached the enemy lines first. "Bring it on, fuckers!" Tristan yells whipping out some flamethrowers and burning the hive. Tristan keeps on fighting until the first hive giant reaches him. Tristan turns his flamethrowers into ion cannons and blasts the giant into oblivion, the explosion is so devastating it destroys part of the hive army next to the giant. Then the ground around him begins to weaken and Tristan falls into a giant cave that is completely hive mass. Sam, Laura, and Johnson see the immense size of the cave and then even more hive come out of it. The three take out their guns and despite their low expertise with guns they open fire. For beginners they actually shoot pretty well. There's not enough ammo for the rest of the hive so they end up falling back.

In the large cave Tristan's mega mech is attacked by tentacles. Tristan takes out a sword and slices them in half. The other halves retract and Tristan is confronted by twenty hive giants. Tristan tries to his ion cannon, but it was damaged in the fall. "Well, shoot." Tristan says taking out a giant AK-47. He uses it on the hive giants but they don't do much damage, it only kills one. The other twenty all jump on him. He grabs his sword and slices them off of him, killing five. Tristan throws his sword at them, killing one. The rest attack him once more and rip off his left arm. He picks it up with his right and uses that as his new sword. After swinging them off of him he starts the self destruct sequence on his left arm and throws it at them. It causes a massive cave and kills all of them. "Come this way if you want to our true strength." A low foreboding voice says. "Last time I listened to a mysterious voice I ended up here. What could wrong?" Tristan asks sarcastically. 

On the surface, the rest of the group retreats back to the bunches of ammo crates and guns Tristan left. They notice the second cave in and assume it was Tristan. Johnson grabs a minigun, Sam grabs a RPG, and Laura grabs a suppressed pistol. "Why did you grab that?" Sam asks. "It looked cool." Laura responds with a smile. They open fire on the charging hive forces in the valley. The mountain side then explodes and a tentacle that can open up and reveal a mouth breaks out and the entire mountain falls apart. It's Tristan fighting the old world hivemind. "We thought we could kill that?" Johnson asks in shock. "Yep." Sam responds. Tristan pulls out a large gun and starts blasting the hivemind with it. "I will not fall!" The hivemind yells. It uses it's other tentacles to grab Tristan, he shoots them before they can. "I may be old, but you sir, you're ancient." Tristan says as he shoots the hivemind in it's weird mouth. The hivemind gives a screech so high pitch it makes Sam, Laura, and Johnson's ears ring. The hive gets closer to Sam, Laura, and Johnson but then the hivemind dies and the entire hive force in the old world slowly dissipates. The hive mass moves in a certain direction in the air, but no one knows where it goes if anywhere. Tristan flies in with a ship missing it's left side. He gets out of the ship. "So, you guys think you have enough things to rebuild?" He asks as he gets on his wheelchair. "Just kidding, I'll just call my daughter and have her send me some supplies." Tristan followups.