Past in Present

Flashes of a man sleeping next to her, made Nandini jerk from sleep, she breathed highly, the fear of some other man sleeping next to her in her dream made her feel that she is betraying her husband, but she relaxed in seconds as Manik pulled her more into his embrace, she never felt this calm, when she had such nightmares like this.

Sleep was nowhere near her, she looked at the clock in his penthouse, it was showing 7 am in the morning. She had the entire day to spend with Manik, as it was Sunday on top of it was her in-laws anniversary, which she need not worry as Manik and Cabir have prepared everything. Though brothers hate each other. Cabir and Manik are really fond of their parents. They are the best parents one could have. And happy for the same fact, because they are loved equally by them in return because they trust their kids no matter what. And both deserved it.

Nandini pulled herself out of Manik's hold as she held out water from side table, where she clade herself with blanket as sipped water from bottle, all she remembered about the dream was, she was sleeping in man's chest safely, but she not able to get, who was that person, all she knew at the moment was she loved being in that arms as much as she loved being in her man's arms.

Nandini looked Manik for a while, as she slides herself into bed still looking at his face, who was sleeping on his right, facing her. He was sleeping peacefully without world's tension, which is running behind him like vultures, but he cared less at the moment. He anyway knew, he gonna face the reality with the same intensity, he faced it years back. Nothing can be heart wrenching or heartbreaking to him than losing a daughter. He had faced.

what more can he lose? 

Wife??

Well, he already lost her years back. Ain't he? 

Maybe her status changed from Girlfriend to Wife. But she is same, Aint's she?

He knows he will survive maybe not happy but definitely with his small smile like always.

Nothing can suck His Life more.

He accepted to be ruined or to be made. 

But he is happy it's his decision to be ruined or to be made. He is.

Accept the reality,

even if it Burns you!!

Before expectation burns your soul!!

She closed her eyes for a while to figure out, who was the person but all she saw was a negative image of the man, That were her mornings being in Manik Malhotra's arms years back. Her best days, if twinkle sums up.  

Nandini opened her eyes only to see Manik sleeping in the same posture like the man in her imagination. She looked closely, was it Manik? If he was the same man, she could breathe a relief. A major part of her accepted, her heart feelings but there was the brain, which didn't let remember her. It stopped where it already stopped. She sighed in defeat. She badly wants to remember but feared for one thing that something wasn't right in her past memory, which is not really pleasant for her to remember. She didn't want to remember but there was a bigger part of her soul wanted her to remember, just because to correct that wrong she made in her past in the present, which only her soul was aware of.

Nandini still remembers first person she saw after her operation was Manik, who was standing all defeated looking at her blankly without tears in his eyes. But if anyone can see his eyes one could see, he was dying. He was dying in front of her. All she remembers telling Daan that she didn't know the person, who was standing right in front of her. That's the last, Manik didn't turn up Nandini's way. In fact, it took three years for Manik to get back to his life. Where Nandini lived a happy life with her parents forgetting, what kind of life she gave to Manik Malhotra and Ruhi Malhotra. She is still not aware of it.