s i x

"All right, let me get this straight, you kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl

"All right, let me get this straight, you kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl... who you just met?" Steve asked completely dumbfounded. Glancing at the long brown hair a few feet in front of him, Steve swallowed. Throwing meat on the floor as a trail, Dustin rolled his eyes.

"All right that's grossly oversimplifying things." He said ignoring Steve's confusion.

"I mean why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?"

"An interdimensional slug? Because its awesome." Dustin exclaimed, still enthralled at finding the creature from his trashcan. Reaching his hand back into the pail he grabbed another piece of raw meat. Grimacing at the feel, he threw it onto the dirt.

"Well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't, I- I just, I don't know. I just feel like you're trying too hard." Steve leveled with the younger boy. Dustin scoffed at his reply.

"Well, not everyone can have your perfect hair, all right?" He said dejectedly, staring down at the floor, shoving his hand into the bucket.

"It's not about the hair, man. The key with girls is just acting like you don't care."

Frankie, who was keeping quiet during the whole conversation, turned back at that comment. Making eye contact with the tall brunette, she raised a brow. At his nonchalant shrug, she rolled her eyes. Reaching into her backpack, she grabbed her Walkman and shoved her headphones on top of her ears. Pressing play, her cassette began to roll with the rest of the music she made for Keith.

"You just wait until, uh- until you feel it." Steve and Dustin continued their conversation, while the blissful voice of David Bowie flowed through Frankie's ears. Bobbing her head to the music, she raised the nail covered head of Steve's baseball bat to her lips mouthing the lyrics to the catchy beat of Lets Dance. The two boys stopped mid conversation to stare at the girl. Smiling at his neighbor, Dustin turned his head to keep his conversation with Steve. Eyes widening at the look he gave the unbeknownst girl, Dustin's mouth dropped.

"You have a crush on my babysitter?" Dustin asked, still in shock. Steve whose eyes were glued to the swaying hips in front of him, snapped to the curly haired boy next to him.

"Shut up you little shithead." Steve threatened, pointing his finger at the boy. Glaring at the boy who was giving him a smug little smirk, Steve continued.

"The feeling is like the moment before its gonna storm, you know? You can't see it, but you can feel it, like this, uh electricity, you know?" He explained getting back to the topic. Dustin nodded in understanding

"Oh yeah, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere-"

"No, no, no, no, no." Steve said cutting him off. "Like a, like a sexual electricity."

"Oh!" Dustin exclaimed throwing another slab of meat onto the train tracks.

"You feel that," Pointing at the boy when he said that, he continued in a dramatic fashion, "and then you make your move." He said pointing at the floor. Dustin who was eating up every single word, tried to understand more.

"So, thats when you kiss her?" He asked hopefully.

"No, whoa, whoa. Slow down, Romeo." Scoffing at Dustin's question, Steve shook his head. Dustin who let out a sorry, didn't know what was getting Steve so worked up.

"Sure, okay, some girls, yeah, they want you to be aggressive. You know, strong, hot and heavy, like a - I don't know, like a lion." He said eying Frankie's figure. Looking back at the younger boy who was absorbing the information, he continued.

"But others, you gotta be slow, you gotta be stealthy, like a- like a ninja." He said smiling thinking about one of the first times he had snuck into Nancy's window. He thought he was a ninja back then, but it turned out he was wrong. Swallowing back the sadness that overcame him, Steve continued with their trek.

"What type is Nancy?" Dustin asked staring at the floor. He was starting to regret talking about his non existent love life. Being more confused than he was before, he just wanted this day to be over with.

"Um, well Nancy, she's uh, she's well, she's different."

"What about Frankie?" Dustin asked with a small smile. Dustin wasn't very sure of himself, but he knew Frankie. He wanted the best for her, and if Steve was the best then so be it.

"What about her?" Steve's reply was fast. Raising an eyebrow at his pseudo big brother, Dustin gave him a 'really' look.

"Anyways, this girl's different, too, you know. It's just like something about her."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hey, hey, hey" Steve said cutting Dustin off yet again.

"What?" Dustin asked, confused about Steve's reaction. Stopping in the middle of the train tracks to face Steve, Dustin licked his teeth, an action he's been doing constantly since they've grown in.

"You're not falling in love with this girl, are you?" Steve asked seriously, standing still on the tracks. Glancing up at the girl who continued to walk in her own little day dream, Steve felt his throat get a little dry.

Shaking his head trying to be believable, Dustin looked a little scared. "Uh, no. No not at all."

"Okay good." Steve said looking serious. Keeping eye contact with Dustin, he knew the boy was lying but continued to walk.

"Don't." "I won't."

"She's only gonna break your heart, and you're way too young for that shit." Steve said shaking his head. Throwing a piece of meat to the floor, frustrated at himself, Steve looked to the floor as they walked. Walking in a morbid sort of silence, Steve turned his head to see Dustin looking crushed. Sighing at what he was about to do, Steve looked towards Frankie who was still off doing her own little thing and then back to him.

"Fabergé."

"What?" Dustin asked confused. Kind of falling behind, he sped up to hear what Steve had to say.

Pointing to his head, Steve rolled his eyes. "It's Fabergé Organics." Throwing another piece of chopped up meat to the floor, he carried on. "Use the shampoo and conditioner, and when your hair's damp-" Emphasizing the fact that it had to be damp, Steve placed an arm to Dustin's chest, stopping him from walking. "It's not wet, okay? When it's damp you do four puffs of the Farrah Fawcett spray."

"Did you just say Farrah Fawcett?" Frankie spoke out. Sliding her headphones down to her neck, she looked expectantly at the two boys. Dustin nodded although he was still shook up at Frankie joining the conversation.

"Oh, I love her! She's pretty ditzy but she's so cool!" She exclaimed shocking the two boys. They looked at her like she had a second head, the way she was acting earlier was a total 180 than how she's acting now.

"I use her hairspray, it's actually pretty good." She said running a hand over her hair. Dustin looked at his neighbor in disbelief, while Steve looked at her in wonder.

"Marry me."

"What?!" Dustin and Frankie both exclaimed from around Steve. Steve who got caught up in the moment made an 'aha' face and pointed behind them. Trying to get out of the situation he made for himself, he spoke.

"I think we're here." He said before walking past both shocked brunettes. Making eye contact with her neighbor, Frankie's whole face burned. She was a little bit embarrassed by Steve's words, but the feeling that was rolling inside her was defiantly not embarrassment. Turning to follow the tall teen, her heart kept beating in time with the steps of her rapid feet. Oh, what was this boy doing to her?

-

an: just wanna say ty to everyone who reads my story, votes, comments, and adds it to their reading lists it really means a lot. also I don't know anything about Farrah but I watched a vid of her w Cher and it was pretty funny. don't forget to vote and comment and go check out my new steve x male oc story!